Driver needed for GTX260M

Rop

Jow people,

does anyone know where i can find a drivr for my GTX260M ? And no, the one i need isnt on nvidia.com or asus.com.

I need a driver that clocks down the GPU a bit when not used. Now it keeps running on full power and heats up to 100 degrees celcius when idle.

When its used in gaming the Cpu is working too, and the fans kick in to cool bolth cpu & cpu down. Allreaddy have a Zahlman laptop cooler, thats working perfect but only when i'm gaming.

Idle is getting way to hot cause it doesnt clock down and the cpu isnt getting hot so fans dont kick in.

post-5995-0-34412800-1310801295_thumb.png

Cheers Rop

Contact manufacturer for bios update / specific driver update. Need more info.

There is no bios update atm.

I have the latest drivers from nvidia.com (asus has no updates)

It's this laptop : my laptop

I have modded the case/GPU with extra copper blocks, and made a air vent to get fresh air in to the case. It is much better but still not good enough.

What info do you need ?

Tnx for reply.

CHeers Rop

Edited by Rop

• Administrators

Similar models from Asus have/had bios updates to resolve similar issue but not this specific model, looking at different sites it seems many have this same issue and that this is by design. Last thing you can do is contact their tech support and see if they have a custom bios that they don't feature on the website. Thats what happens when you cramp a decent gpu in a laptop.

Similar models from Asus have/had bios updates to resolve similar issue but not this specific model, looking at different sites it seems many have this same issue and that this is by design. Last thing you can do is contact their tech support and see if they have a custom bios that they don't feature on the website. Thats what happens when you cramp a decent gpu in a laptop.

Yeah.. it sucks. I can boil eggs inside my laptop. But i wil send a email to support. Thanks for the help !

Maybe i rip my laptop appart 1 more time to add some more copper plates/blocks to enhance gpu cooling.

Thanks for the help !

cheers.

The normal speed of your GPU is 550:1375:3600, you can see it runs a bit slower. The core voltage at 0.95V is however is not that much reduced (default 1.00V)

I think the drivers work, but your GPU is just overkill in that (every) laptop.

Tell fans to kick in sooner or get better fans OR Clean your fans? I have a PC (Yes, monumentally different)and its on 24/7, for weeks straight, being used probably atleast every hour of the day atleast every day, except like early morning. I also do hardcore gaming. my PC never gets hot. and its on carpet/an enclosed kinda small area. i dont even have a program to tell temperatures lol. That video card is decent though, better than my old one which was a 240, and it was pretty good. Now i have a 450, and with Demirs mod (For cod) that he showed me, i get 250 FPS