Renew game server?

Aigle

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should I renew the BRINK Game Server?

• I own the game and YES renew
    • I own the game and NO don't renew
    • I don't own the game and YES renew
    • I don't own the game and NO don't renew

I just got the bill for renewing the Brink Game Server. From the other question I asked in the "Should I buy it" topic, I saw a lot of NOs. So Here I am asking for it.

Since nobody else than the members of this forum plays, this poll will decide.

• Administrators

Aigle, I would say no. Don't waist the money on it. TF2 is even worth it then this one.

Aigle, I would say no. Don't waist the money on it. TF2 is even worth it then this one.

wouldn't waste my money on that either. my opinion... I would either wait for a new game to come out that we can host like BF3 or mw3 or just put your money into the servers we have

I think the only 2 games that will be played a lot and will have a large fanbase/community are BF3 and MW3 (which will be market very well by EA and Activision)

Other fps-games dont stand a chance nowadays, its just too hard to maintain a solid fanbase. Too much fps-games coming out, people play 1 game for a bit and move on to the other very quickly, cause there is too much choice.

Also, a lot of fps-games are played on consoles these days. Its much easier, no crap with adjusting graphics etc, to play BF3 full you need to have a freaking NASA-pc.

Yet BF3 will probably attract a lot of players to the pc again since its their main target (i hope so, cuz the trailers look fooking awesome).

FPS Games 2011:

Battlefield 3

Modern Warfare 3

Crysis 2

Doom 4

Duke Nukem Forever

Brink

Rage

Ghost Recon

Fear 3

Resistance 3

Bulletstorm

"Killzone 3"

Conduit 2

XCOM

Homefront

Okay so I think it's a no for everyone. I'll cancel the GS.

Until I have some spare time to play again, I'll hold off on buying a GS for a different game, but I definitively will. On my spare time, I'm having some fun with Bulletstorm, so we will see what the result will be for that one.

• 3 weeks later...

FPS Games 2011:

Battlefield 3

Modern Warfare 3

Crysis 2

Doom 4

Duke Nukem Forever

Brink

Rage

Ghost Recon

Fear 3

Resistance 3

Bulletstorm

"Killzone 3"

Conduit 2

XCOM

Homefront

Crysis 2 is definitely overrated, but what about Homefront? Is it worth to buy? Looks good on gameplays so far.

In my opinion FPS games go 2 ways.

A game like COD 4 has maintained a solid fan base while its sequels mw2 and BO crapped out. Or a game like ET which due to its age has a small yet fiercely loyal fan base and a great modding community.