I'm looking for a new sub

Fogarty

I'm nearly 17 now, so soon im going to buy a car to work on it so it'll be finished when i turn 18 and got my drivers licence.

I've got a subwoofer already + another 37 speakers, but their all wired to my amps in my bedroom, and since ive got them( like 4 years ago ) i can't really miss them on my bedroom..

But now i'm looking for a new subwoofer for in my upcoming car

I've been searching on the internet and i've found a badass sub: it's called the nightshade - Here's a short movie so you know what im talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6K4eDZIeuI&feature=player_embedded

Sundown Audio Nightshade 18"

here's some features and specificatons :

Dual 2-ohm or Dual 1-ohm Voice Coils Available

3" Diameter 8-layer flat-wound Aluminum Wire Voice Coil

High Temperature Aluminum Voice Coil Former

1500-Watts RMS Power Handling

Over 2 inches peak to peak excursion

Wide, triple-layer foam surrounds for high excursion

Extremely strong paper cones w/ stiffening disc

Thick poly dust caps

Cast Aluminum 12-spoke basket with cooling vents

Triple Stacked 1" x 9" magnet slugs for high motor strength

RMS: 1500 Watts

MAX: 4000 Watts

Z: 4 Ω

Re: 2.92 Ω

Fs: 38 Hz

Qms: 8.64

Qes: 0.47

Qts: 0.44

VAS: 36.7 L

BL: 22.8 NA

But here's the problem, it's a USA product and there's no shop where they sell these in The netherlands, so i'm hoping someone knows a place in europe where they do sell these and also ship them to Holland if needed, so please if someone knows where they sell these tell me!, or if you know someone that tries to sell the same sub tell me please, i'd appreciate it:)

Edited by Fogarty

i can find it but then its shippid out of the USA, and it's a quite expensive woofer, and i'd rather not be scammed so im wondering if anyone knows a salepoint near my country

• Administrators

Once your car is ready, ship it to US ... I think I will get ticket for blasting speakers in car LOL

If you don't mind me asking, about how much would a couple of those cost? Im interested in buying some myself. Maybe not quite this expensive of a quality, but still for a decent set of subs, and a good enough amp to push them, box, and all, how much would it run?

of those -2 cost like 3000 euros, you should look for rockford punsh or ground zero, they're less expensive but kick real nice too, just the amps from rockford cost quite alot

i thin a full set will cost you like 800-1200 euros

soudstream => garbage... man you need learn abut good, mid, custionable, and very bad brands on car audio... remember "not everything that glitters is gold"

there are a lot of good forums of car audio where you can learn some things abour brands.. be carefull with "fancy" subs,,,, peace...

soudstream => garbage... man you need learn abut good, mid, custionable, and very bad brands on car audio... remember "not everything that glitters is gold"

there are a lot of good forums of car audio where you can learn some things abour brands.. be carefull with "fancy" subs,,,, peace...

trust me please, i know quite alot about subs and things, soundstream is not bad at all, in my opinion the tweets and mids are but the subs just bang, either i get Soundstream XXX 18" or the Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 18"

trust me please, i know quite alot about subs and things, soundstream is not bad at all, in my opinion the tweets and mids are but the subs just bang, either i get Soundstream XXX 18" or the Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 18"

you should check out the videos i've posted on another topic in entertainment-> movies then my soundsystem... tell me what you think of that, everything is done bymeself, wiring composing, building the cases, equilizing everything, if i get a SS XXX 18"ill wire it to a amp that overpower's it so it will sound real good, + put a monoblock between it