laptop advice

Fargwire

Does this laptop sound any good for cod, I am looking to purchase but I just want to make sure it will run it before I buy it.

HP ProBook 4520s XT997UT Notebook PC - Intel Core i3-370M 2.40GHz, 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6" LED, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit.

If you want to game you maybe better buy a gaming notebook they are usualy better cooled . Its all about vid card . Probooks usualy have faster proc and are made for office use.

Even with the integrated video?

Sorry Farg over looked that. The 4520s is only showing integrated HD graphics. I'm not able to find what it is though. Might want to find something else.

Depending on how brand specific you are here is a laptop around the same price range with a better card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834146985

card specs:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_geforce_310m_us.html

Does it have to be a laptop?

If your main interest is gaming, online retailers like Newegg and TigerDirect (and probably others as well) Often offer great deals on barebones desktops that would outperform that notebook in the $400-$500 price range.

These people WILL ship to canada:

http://www.tigerdire...0360&CatId=4948 1 gig Video RAM

They have several other models available as well, that's just one I found to be really nice, and well priced.

Thanks Antichrist, this place is actually a block away from where I work, they do have some good deals. I would like to pick one up if they have them in stock but they don't always have that option.

Do not get a laptop without a descete graphics card if you want to game on it. My new i5 laptop can't even run ET well with 4gb ram, but my old 3-4yr old laptop could because it had a decent card in it. I don't care because I had no intention of using my laptop for gaming, but it will suck if you try to game on it.

A desktop is 100x better for gaming due to being able to be fixable, upgradable, and will probably last longer due to not getting as hot.

I am going away for a week and finally got internet where I am going to be so I was looking for something a little more portable, but I will take my desktop pc with me because I can't be away from here for that long. I appreciate the responses and I will keep looking for somthing in the future now that I know what I need.