killbox

I know kill box is off line and the mod sever is running. My computer doen't like me and will not let me play on the mod sever. I know their was talk about turning killbox into custom map sever. Any word on that or If any sever besides the Mod is gonna get custom maps added?

• Administrators

I am trying to create the patch for 1.7. It will be online but on 1.7 patch and once patch is ready.

HC on 1.6 and Killbox on 1.7.

Thanks for the fast response. Is kill box still gonna get customs? (sry if that is a stupid question)

also If it gets custom maps will it be hardcore or softcore?

Edited by kingcamper

I am trying to create the patch for 1.7. It will be online but on 1.7 patch and once patch is ready.

A few questions:

1. Can you play on a 1.6 patch server (HC No Marty) while your local copy is patched to 1.7 (for Killbox)? I think I read that you can't? :hmm

2. How easy is it to roll back to 1.6 patch once you update to 1.7? I seem to remember a few threads about people having issues with this too. I know there are patch selectors out there, but how reliable are they? Do they work pretty seemlessly?

:thanks

A few questions:

1. Can you play on a 1.6 patch server (HC No Marty) while your local copy is patched to 1.7 (for Killbox)? I think I read that you can't? :hmm

2. How easy is it to roll back to 1.6 patch once you update to 1.7? I seem to remember a few threads about people having issues with this too. I know there are patch selectors out there, but how reliable are they? Do they work pretty seemlessly?

:thanks

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/433-cod4-patch-selector/

never used my self (yet) but heard that it works fine.

I just made a copy of my original 1.6 patch and then patched that copied file to 1.7. So on my desktop I have a 1.6 and a 1.7 patch so I can just choose that way. I dont remember exactly where, but its been discussed on here a few times.

Kill box sounds good. Zombies are fun, but can only go so far, and HC is, . . well, HC. It's the staple of COD4, like wheat bread is to my daily diet. Tee hee. Thanks for the update and work you do Dan. Much appreciated.

aw.. thats too bad!

i gotta install the game twice now?..

1.6 and 1.7..

All you need to do to have two patches set up is go into your program files, located the Activision file and then make a copy of your cod4 file. You then download the 1.7 patch and install it to the copied folder when it asks you for the install directory. You will now have the ability to switch between patches at will

All you need to do to have two patches set up is go into your program files, located the Activision file and then make a copy of your cod4 file. You then download the 1.7 patch and install it to the copied folder when it asks you for the install directory. You will now have the ability to switch between patches at will

It's a good idea, but doing that takes a lot of space no? If i copy my whole Cod4 folder atm it's about 9GB...patch selector is only 6GB. Since I don't have much space left I prefer using the Version Changer :)