Et 2.60b Crash

Luigi

Hello all :)

installed this day et 2.60b and connect to etpro servers after installing Slac after little moment i become this

i1sl-1.jpg

:(

the second problem is that et 2.60 and 2.60b runs not in full screen.....its runs with Game in the middle and black renders left and right( ca. 50 % from my Screen :/)

I run windows 7 64 bit on my Laptop

with 4 gig ram

Dual core 2,6 ghz and

HD Radeon 5470

Thx for help ;)

Luigi

For the gray screen try this, it's listed under SLAC's FAQ:

Q: I get grey screen when starting ET, how do I fix this?

The only reason for this to happen that we've seen so far is that you have a bad config in either etmain or etpro folder. The most common problem is the r_displayrefresh cvar set in one of them, so check out your configuration.

Most common solution is removing the "+set fs_game etpro" from the command line in SLAC. If this helps it, create a shortcut to SLAC.exe and add the following parameters to make it start ET the way you usually do: "+set fs_game etmain".

In some cases it helped removing or renaming the following file: etmain/videos/etintro.roq (to something else, e.g. just append '_' to the end) - it is the intro video you see when starting ET. Removing or renaming file will stop it from being shown each time you start ET. Please try this solution before asking.

And for the black stripes on both sides, you have to go in Catalyst Control Center->Digital Panel and you'll see image scaling options, you probably have the maintain image ratio option enabled.

Probably your ET resolution isn't matching the native resolution of your screen, so instead of stretching the image (which looks fairly ugly for me) it just fills the rest of the screen with black color.

So either change your ET resolution to one that matches the display's one or turn off the image scaling.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

hello i had this problem too and installed new graphiccard drivers and OpenGL .

have ATI Radeon 9600 , but dont use Catalyst Control Center only drivers.

and the ATItool.exe is good for a bit tuning the graphiccard (good for older gcards) :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thx Saizou for posting this from their website, until this week had same problem, and couldnt find any solution.

Regarding r_displayrefresh cvar, it was ok, so didnt have to change it.

However, the following two solutions have managed to solve the problem:

removing the "+set fs_game etpro" from the command line in SLAC and create a shortcut to SLAC.exe and add the following parameters to make it start ET: "+set fs_game etmain".
renaming the following file: etmain/videos/etintro.roq (to something else, e.g. just append '_' to the end)