Optimize your website for better results.

MaryGontarz

A custom web design is one designed keeping your business fully in mind. It's the classic process of optimization, but not only for the search engines but also for your visitors. These are important factors of the process, but they are not the parts that have to do with making your website unique. A truly original website is one that is optimized for your business.

If you are aiming at creating a unique online identity, then templates are not an option. Web templates may be visually impressive, it may even suit your business nicely, but it is not designed specifically for you. Adding your own text, applying your own graphics, does not fix the limitations of a template. This doesn’t necessarily mean that a template cannot make an effective site. It means that a template cannot make a custom web design. For that, you need unique graphics. You need a layout intended for your audience. You need a linking structure that suits the structure of your business.

For a presence optimized for your business, you need a professional web designer. This is important, because there may be web design firms who offer templates which can be impressive, with their variety of easily adaptable layouts and designs. If, on the other hand, if you want a custom web design then you should take advantage of the skill and experience of professional web designers. Naturally, it isn't as quick; it isn't as cheap. But the benefit is having a site created with your specific business in mind. The goal of custom web design is to give your business an on-line personality, and to make it exactly the personality that you wish to convey to your visitors.

Yeah is this your idea of Search Engine Optimisation? Adding a post to a tech-based forum, talking about webdesign, and stuffing your keyword in with a hyperlink to your site? And also, you're probably hoping we'll get a nice discussion going here about webdesign so your hyperlink gets you good google juice?

Don't kid a kidder dude, I know the SEO game better than most. Go away with your spam.

EDIT:

Just for the cheek of it, I'm just going to link some of the places you've made this post so Google can see it has no real value as content or a linkback.

Edited by daredevil
Link removed just to piss off OP :P

• Administrators

Just PR increasing stunt :P

The best SEO practice is good content.. link backs won't do shit in long run :P

Yeah well I hope they get blacklisted from the PR system lol.. (which reminds me, I never finished a project of mine :o)

And damn you for removing the links! lol

• Administrators

Yeah well I hope they get blacklisted from the PR system lol.. (which reminds me, I never finished a project of mine :o)

meh they wan't get blacklisted... Bunch of link farm websites i have seen getting high SERP..

Wordpress is the best for keyword stuffing and getting high PR in just few months.

meh they wan't get blacklisted... Bunch of link farm websites i have seen getting high SERP..

Wordpress is the best for keyword stuffing and getting high PR in just few months.

I dont give a crap about PR - I used to when I first set out doing stuff online, but since PR has nothing to do with SERPs, what's the use of it? Only time I'd ever push for PR is if I was selling up.. Cause people pay more for good PR for some strange reason..

Searching "Webmaster Blog" on google.com brings me up in results 2-5 generally (result #4 today it seems), without much hard work.. Just the obvious stuff.

• Administrators

I dont give a crap about PR - I used to when I first set out doing stuff online, but since PR has nothing to do with SERPs, what's the use of it? Only time I'd ever push for PR is if I was selling up.. Cause people pay more for good PR for some strange reason..

Searching "Webmaster Blog" on google.com brings me up in results 2-5 generally, without any hard work.. Just the obvious stuff.

PR does give you insight of your outbound and inbound and internal links.

If your PR increases then it also increases your SERP because if PR is high then that means you have good links from good source (off course it can be forged too). I have seen many forums getting high SERP because of good referrals from other websites which also increases PR in general but those SERP which are increased from referrals of a higher PR ranking website doesn't stay much longer ...

The SERP rank of a page, which determines a page's actual placement in the search results, is based on a combination of the random surfer model (PageRank) and the intentional surfer model (browsing habits) in addition to other factors.

Google is smart.. they told meta tags hold no importance... but it does and especially meta titles that's pretty good to make user to click on the link. Google is super smart and they always give less fact to public but they still use meta titles and description on regular basis.

Yeah I agree they're linked in that sense, but in terms of Google's algorithms they aren't :P

chuckun.co.uk has just PR2.. But it's ranked 2-5 in the world for a top keyword.. :)

PR is b/s :P I used to have PR5 when I was on page 10 of google. lol

• Administrators

Yeah I agree they're linked in that sense, but in terms of Google's algorithms they aren't :P

In terms of Google algorithm also they are :)

Also, you have high serp because of your 'exact' website title i.e. webmaster blog and higher internal and outbound links. :)

PR does play role in SERP. :P

Wordpress is best in terms of SEO.

Indeed wordpress is king :) (actually wrote a blog post on that lol).. It's THE best script i've ever worked with regarding SEO :) The algorithm for PR and SERPs are not linked directly. Both algorithms get 'juice' out of backlinks.. But PR does not affect your SERPs.. The links that get you good PR might also get you good SERPs but it's a common misconception that it's because you have high PR :P

PR was developed as a 'rule of thumb' tool for the popularity of the site.. It became a linkfarm whoring system instead so google refrained from integrating it into the SERP algorithm.. Well, thats what they SAY anyway.. Maybe it was a decoy, who knows..

• Administrators

PR does affect SERP in one way or another. It's more likely contributing factor by few percent but domination. Take down all your inbound and outbound links to zero and if you are still on top 5 in SE I will believe you. :)

PR does affect SERP in one way or another. It's more likely contributing factor by few percent but domination. Take down all your inbound and outbound links to zero and if you are still on top 5 in SE I will believe you. :)

Thats because linkbacks effect SERP as well as PR.. its not the PR its self that helps, its the link-backs.. ;) I do see what you're saying, im just being fussy - its not PR that affects SERPs, it's the links that get you the PR, that affect your SERPs :P Technically PR has nothing to do with it :)

• Administrators

PR is b/s :P I used to have PR5 when I was on page 10 of google. lol

PR was developed as a 'rule of thumb' tool for the popularity of the site.. It became a linkfarm whoring system instead so google refrained from integrating it into the SERP algorithm.. Well, thats what they SAY anyway.. Maybe it was a decoy, who knows..

its not PR that affects SERPs, it's the links that get you the PR, that affect your SERPs :P Technically PR has nothing to do with it :)

Ok trying to explain you one more last time.

Link back affects PR which in result affect SERP? So how can we say PR doesn't affect SERP? Link back is just one basic term with simple definition and PR is complex term which get’s affected by many factors and Link back is one of them.

PR does play role in SERP. PR is one factor in overall keyword ranking – not the be all, end all, but a good indicator regardless if it’s achieved genuinely rather then link farming or black hat SEO techniques.

Also, the reason Wordpress is nice because in Wordpress owner handles most of the things i.e. Owner post articles with specific titles. While in forums and others, other users post the topic and in general they add ‘help’ Google ignores all those general word titles if they are put first in search since they are very generic words. Topic title is one of most important factor to increase SERP.

Simple logic based on tech specs provided by Google and considering general cases clearly proves PR is one of the factors for SERP and is not shit at all.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=34432&topic=8524

Above link: Last updates 3/30/2011.

http://www.google.com/corporate/tech.html

Read the point Relevance very carefully. It clearly says: “Today we use more than 200 signals, including PageRank, to order websites, and we update these algorithms on a weekly basis”

What is ordering of websites? That’s called SERP. That comes directly comes from Google. Good enough to prove PageRank is including factor for SERP and not shit?

As I said prove it if it doesn’t and I will believe you. :) Jeez, stop going with what all those random forums and blogs which describes PR as shit factor.

Ok trying to explain you one more last time.

Link back affects PR which in result affect SERP? So how can we say PR doesn't affect SERP? Link back is just one basic term with simple definition and PR is complex term which get’s affected by many factors and Link back is one of them.

PR does play role in SERP. PR is one factor in overall keyword ranking – not the be all, end all, but a good indicator regardless if it’s achieved genuinely rather then link farming or black hat SEO techniques.

Also, the reason Wordpress is nice because in Wordpress owner handles most of the things i.e. Owner post articles with specific titles. While in forums and others, other users post the topic and in general they add ‘help’ Google ignores all those general word titles if they are put first in search since they are very generic words. Topic title is one of most important factor to increase SERP.

Simple logic based on tech specs provided by Google and considering general cases clearly proves PR is one of the factors for SERP and is not shit at all.

http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=34432&topic=8524

Above link: Last updates 3/30/2011.

http://www.google.com/corporate/tech.html

Read the point Relevance very carefully. It clearly says: “Today we use more than 200 signals, including PageRank, to order websites, and we update these algorithms on a weekly basis”

What is ordering of websites? That’s called SERP. That comes directly comes from Google. Good enough to prove PageRank is including factor for SERP and not shit?

As I said prove it if it doesn’t and I will believe you. :) Jeez, stop going with what all those random forums and blogs which describes PR as shit factor.

Wow, thanks!

I never rely on what forums tell me lol, I read on the google blog (around about the time that they randomised PR updates so people couldn't stack up links before x date) that PR was no longer affecting SERPs but was still a valid benchmark of site quality or w/e.. I actually read it o.0

But yeah, I take it back! You're right! xD