Continuing with the website design

ajnl

So I've looked over your comments. personally I wasn't very happy with the whole design. (here is the older one: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/16352-new-website-design/)

I had sometime today, wasn't as busy with school. So here is the updated one. I still left the "blah blah blah" stuff in, because i'm lazy lol. And the Network section most likely wont be the network section, since facebook and all the other stuff is in the to right.

Not sure what i'm gonna do with the left hand section. Maybe make it a vertical menu, like others have suggested.

Again please leave your comments. The good and the bad stuff. oh and also, i'm not sure what the website is gonna be about. So if you have any ideas, let me know :P.

dontpanic.jpg

Good job, now it looks a lot better with the graphic in the header.

Just one question about the ads- section: Is it necessary? I mean it's ok if you have given a thought about what kind of ads to put there, but in my opinion usually ads (atleast too many) ruin the outcome of the website. If the ads are going to be google ads, then hell no , but if they're about sourcelinks or whatever has got something to do with your site then sure.

There's still 2 things that I would personally change:

I don't know about the content of your header but if that's all there is, then it could be a little bit smaller. About 75-100 pixels off the height would perhaps look good, so that it wouldn't look too empty. And yet no one really wants to enter a website where the logo or title is THIS big :)... You know what I mean :)

This way you could also take about 10-15 pixels off the height of the navigation. That way you have more room for the content itself and it heps the viewer also. Whoever enters the site, doesn't have to scroll too much to see what the website itself says.

About the left sidebar.. It llooks just fine like that imo, but if you want to add something, then I'd suggest a box for Recent news or something like that. Or if it's going to be about tutorials or something like that, then you could add "Recent Tutorialis".

So in general it looks good, but there's a few tips you could try :) Maybe.

I don't think it's necessary period to actually have a site...I mean when I went to it, it was heavily outdated so the forums are fine enough. Just my opinion though.

What do you actually mean by this reply? :D

lol i'm confused as well.

Actually, I'm not sure yet what to make the website about. So right now i'm just messing around learning different tricks. The ads part was because most likely there will be ads. I know that ads can be annoying.. but

limiting the space they take up and how many there are will help.

In the other design, I made the header big at first, cause I had the vertical menu in it. Also usually I make a small header, so I just wanted to test with a bigger one :).

I actually made another design. Took about two hours to make.

scan0001.jpg

Edited by ajnl

You should first think about what the website is going to be about, because then you can create a design for your website that actually like suits with the content that's in it :P

But I like what you've got so far :]

You should first think about what the website is going to be about, because then you can create a design for your website that actually like suits with the content that's in it :P

But I like what you've got so far :]

Exactly. Since you don't know, what's it going to be about, it's rather hard to design it to kinda "look" like the content.

Exactly. Since you don't know, what's it going to be about, it's rather hard to design it to kinda "look" like the content.

I agree. but once I get an idea of a design I like to try it out.