Google Street View and Google maps

daredevil

• Administrators

Google has updated the website where it showcases its Street View service. The changes include highlights from the most interesting places in the world where Street View is available, the locations of Street View vehicles and more.

Probably the most interesting part of the site is the map that shows exactly where you can see Street View imagery. The service has come a long way since its launch in March 2007, when it covered only several major cities. Now it covers most of North America, Australia, New Zealand and Western Europe, with pockets of availability in Japan, Indonesia and Brazil.

The new Street View site also brings a set of instructions for using the service, and explains the technology behind Street View's 360-degree imagery. You can also see 3D models of the vehicles Google has developed for gathering imagery in places where the car cannot go, such as the Trike, Snowmobile and Trolley.

Google Street View Website

I have seen the google cars all over the place around the sacramento area within the past few months. Seems like every place I go I see one. A person can't urinate on the side of the road anymore without a google car taking a picture of it. <_<