are theses cheats??

canparamedic

hey everyone,

just wondering if turning off smoke and snow are considered cheats. my internet at work is so slow, and just looking for ways to speed up my connection. i do not have them turned off, just wondering though!

thanks

Not at all! The game itself provides the option to turn the extra stuff off like blood splatter, wallmark, etc...

I turn all those things off for game stability in terms of FPS. And even with all those things off I can't maintain 43 FPS lol.

If by smoke you mean wolfparticles_0 then yeah its fine, sometimes when I'm trying to snipe but the smoke from a broken tank is in my sight, I click it off. But if you mean smoke as in poison gas mines/cvops smokes then I suppose it would be a cheat.

Edited by darkfang77

But if you mean smoke as in poison gas mines/cvops smokes then I suppose it would be a cheat.

True point. I don't know if it would be a cheat or not if he means the covops smoke.

I dont think its possible to turn off poison gas/covy smoke, if it were it'd prolly be illegal because its a strategic move related to missions. Toggling between Full and No blood splatter, head bobbing, "more" explosions, snow, all that is good :). For Max FPS i think theres a Resolution and Rate CMD. Might be worthwhile to set one up in a CFG if your system is weak

Is there a spot in game where those are options? I actually just downloaded and played W:ET for the first time so I could meet more of the people from the forums I liked, so I'm lost on it. I totally want to turn that stuff off. :P

esc - options - game or view(don't remember correctly:P) There you can change your crosshair, disable blood, muzzle flush etc. :)

If you play on jaymod you can always check esc - jaymod - misc. ;) You can also download a cfg or post a request in here:

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/2271-official-autoexeccfg-config-request/

It's all up to you. :)

Is there a spot in game where those are options? I actually just downloaded and played W:ET for the first time so I could meet more of the people from the forums I liked, so I'm lost on it. I totally want to turn that stuff off. :P

Just some commands that make gameplay easier:

cg_atmosphericeffects "0" (turns off map effects like rain and snow)

cg_bloodFlash "0" (turns off the blood effect when you are shot)

cg_bloodTime "0" (duration of blood puddle effect on walls/floor etc)

cg_coronas "0" (turns off the corona effect around lights)

cg_muzzleFlash "0" (can't remember if it was this cmd, but it should turn off the weapon 'fire' being displayed)

cg_noVoiceChats "0" (turns off the audio of voice chats)

cg_showblood "0" (turns off the blood spurt effect when player's are shot)

cg_teamChatHeight "3" (number of rows of chats, keep it low so it won't disturb you)

cg_wolfparticles "0" (turns off particle effects, e.g. explosions, some smoke effects)

also(copypaste):

cg_bobpitch "0" (sets extent of the bob pitch (forwards/backwards) effect when moving)

cg_bobroll "0" (sets extent of the bob roll (left/right) effect when moving)

cg_bobup "0" (sets extent of the vertical "bob" effect when moving)

cg_bobyaw "0" (sets extent of the "bob" yaw (turn left/right) effect when moving)