Next iPhone to feature larger screen

daredevil

• Administrators

On the heels of word that a smaller version of the iPhone is in the works, another report has emerged that has the fifth-generation smartphone will actually feature an expanded screen to take on Android devices' larger screens.

The new iPhone, which is expected to be released this summer, will feature a 4-inch screen and is already in testing, according to a Digitimes report that cited unnamed component suppliers.

The report of a larger screen is just one among many that have materialized in the past couple of days.

Bloomberg reported Friday that Apple was working on a new line of iPhones, one of which would be "cheaper and smaller than the most recent iPhone." That report, which cited a source who had seen a prototype, also pegged Google's mobile operating system as the intended target for the new device.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20031933-37.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

• 3 weeks later...

I heard some rumours on different iPhone sites that its possible that they will prospone the introduction date of the iPhone. Hopefully not, because my subscription at Tmobile NL on my older iPhone 3GS will expire in the summer and I'm planning to buy the new iPhone 5 when it will be released.