TES V SKYRIM

ladyluck

any RPG fans out there?!? if so i hope your excited about the new elder scrolls being made!!! IM SO EXCITED! :yahoo

and this is a LONG LONG description of what im looking forward to, dont bother reading if your not interested in game :P.

The elder scrolls V has a remarkable new approach to storytelling in a role-playing game. In Oblivion, Bethesda's Radiant AI technology empowered NPC's to enact their own daily schedules and needs. Radiant story applies the same principle to the much wider experience to moment-to-moment character interactions with the world.

Put simply, the Radiant story system is about reacting to player actions in everything from the tiniest detail to the broadest plot point. "We're still telling very specific storylines in our main quest and our factions, and all that stuff is done by hand, but Radiant story allows us to have quests that are flavored dynamically for who you are and where you are." The game itself watches everything you do. What skills have you improved? what places have you visited? who have you killed? what weapons do you own? which figures in the world are your friends, and who are your enemies?

The answers to these questions create the backbone of your story. If you murder the shopkeeper in Riverwood that might give you a quest, his sister will automatically inherit the shop, and might even offer you the same quest. However, knowing that you killed her brother, she might do so only in anger and frustration.

On the street, your magically empowered hero may be approached by another magic-user who wishes to duel. if you have only improved your weapon skills, that character might never appear.

Wandering through town, you could enter your inventory and decide to drop a heavy two-handed weapon rather than sell it at a nearby shop. in some instances, the weapon might lie forgotten in the mud. At another time, a young boy might grab it up and rush after you, asking if your dropped it and might like it back. a third instance, two burly men might reach the weapon at the same time, and begin to fight over who will take it home.

The game logs a huge storehouse of knowledge about how you've played, and subsequently tailors content to your capabilities and experiences. Entering a city, a young woman might approach you and beg you to save her daughter from kidnappers. The game will look at nearby dungeons you've explored, automatically set the mission in a place you've never visited, and designate opponents that are appropriately matched to your strengths and weaknesses.

"To the players, they'll get a quest that we feel is appropriate for who they are and what they are doing at the time" In essence, your version of Skyrim will be built to your specific playing style.

SOOOO EXCITEEEEDDDD OMGOGMOGMGOGMGOM :yahoo

This is definitely the game I've been most looking forward to in a very looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time, Oblivion was a good game, but the AI definitely needed improving, this game seems set to fix the AI problems, and make the characters actually look like people, rather than Chernobyl victims

im always evil in elder scroll games :mad and im always a wood elf cause i like to be a ninja

and the graphics are going to be amazing, i mean Oblivion's graphics were really good, but you have to consider the fact that Oblivion was like one of the first games made for xbox360, so now the graphics are obsolete

Edited by ladyluck

I played Morrowind way more than I played oblivion. But that was due to my heap of crap PC I had back then, and my cheap ass couldn't afford a new one. But now I have a good job and more money, so hopefully I'll get back into the groove. I love the series and the games, they are always good for 100+ hours of fun. So I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Im waiting.. I think Oblivion is game which i have spend second most time after ET, i had almost 200h play time on it. I havent studied about Skyrim but i hope theres guilds like dark brotherhood etc. on there too :D

yeah morrowind > oblivion. I pretty much played that for years.

Skyrim is gonna be amazing, still can't decide if I want it on pc or xbox :s

I only played oblivion but it was lots of fun, you definitely need to get it for the PC because the xbox version has no drop down console and when you're done there's no mods for it.

I didn't see anything wrong with the AI besides they walk too slow or respond oddly in quests which is irritating.

This game I want. I'm hoping for the freedom and challenge of Morrowind with the polish and smooth combat of Oblivion. So glad they have made a new engine, really like what I've read so far.

Pick PC for sure, if you can run it.