Texas Style on that ass

GraveDigger

I am all for gun rights but I am also for responsible gun usage. From the information I have heard these guys were simple thieves. It is my opinion he used inappropriate force as he never mentioned the thieves having weapons. In fact it sounds like he just stepped outside told them they were dead and opened fire with no commands for them to get on the ground or stop. If commands were issued they were garbled with too little time to react before firing.

If it can be shown that his targets had drawn a ranged weapon on him or started charging then I will have a different opinion of the situation. As it currently stands it sounds like this guy is one of those who gives the rest of us gun users and carriers bad reputations.

If they were on his property, then he could shoot them legally if they were committing a felony (burglary). Otherwise, it is murder. It's called the Castle Law. as in "a man's home is his castle". Most of the US states have this law in one form or another.

In Missouri, the big crime trend now is the parking lot ambush. It's safer for the criminals than doing a conventional home invasion, especially with a million guys like me waiting for them. My wife has a friend whose boyfriend was robbed and shot in the head in a parking lot ambush on Christmas Eve.

Most people don't take their handguns with them when they go shopping.

I never leave my house at night.

I am familiar with the castle law but am not making a judgement based on legality. There are many people who I believe should be killed on sight but common thieves are not among them. These 2 may have been able to be detained by the guy with the shotgun without senseless violence. But we will never know now thanks to Mr. Trigger Happy.

He confronted them and they approached him and he killed them both. There is no doubt that he had full intent to shoot them. I am sure the shotgun was a 12 gauge and not loaded with bird shot. I honestly could care less what the exact circumstances were. These guys were vermin and the world is a better place with them gone. End of story. I grew up in a very gun friendly home where at any one time there are at least 15 plus weapons--several of which are loaded at all times. These assholes would have been shot dead before they even got 1 hand inside our house. It should be noted that I grew up about 5 hours from where this took place and gun ownership is very high in Texas.

I am familiar with the castle law but am not making a judgement based on legality. There are many people who I believe should be killed on sight but common thieves are not among them. These 2 may have been able to be detained by the guy with the shotgun without senseless violence. But we will never know now thanks to Mr. Trigger Happy.

Well if 2 men broke into my house and terrified my wife and children I hope there is another Mr. Horn to kill them on the spot. You do not know how many people these two terrified and frightened while just being common thieves. If you are willing to break into a home prepare to die. I see first hand these type of shit bags every single day. They do not care about you or your family or what you stand for. Do not be mistaken if you interrupt their "common thievery" they will harm you, rape your wife, terrorize your kids and kill you. That is the truth make no bones about it. I have been a deputy sheriff in the county jail for 16+ years. I have dealt with these people numerous times.

Well if 2 men broke into my house and terrified my wife and children I hope there is another Mr. Horn to kill them on the spot. You do not know how many people these two terrified and frightened while just being common thieves. If you are willing to break into a home prepare to die. I see first hand these type of shit bags every single day. They do not care about you or your family or what you stand for. Do not be mistaken if you interrupt their "common thievery" they will harm you, rape your wife, terrorize your kids and kill you. That is the truth make no bones about it. I have been a deputy sheriff in the county jail for 16+ years. I have dealt with these people numerous times.

If someone broke into my house I would draw my pistol and issue a command for them to slowly go to the ground. If they came toward me or tried to present a weapon (or already had one out) I would fire 2 rounds to the central mass or one to the crani-ocular cavity and see how a .380 hollow point convinces them to go to the ground.

I give everyone a chance as I do not know their intentions- when I die I will have no doubts about the need to have killed anyone I may have along the way. Also do not be so confident every thief is willing to kill and rape. I find it simply cowardice to kill out of fear of the unknown and this man was even worse... a man who shot a fleeing thief in the back.

That being said this man was not shooting people in his own home nor did he give any chance for them to comply.

If someone broke into my house I would draw my pistol and issue a command for them to slowly go to the ground. If they came toward me or tried to present a weapon (or already had one out) I would fire 2 rounds to the central mass or one to the crani-ocular cavity and see how a .380 hollow point convinces them to go to the ground.

I give everyone a chance as I do not know their intentions- when I die I will have no doubts about the need to have killed anyone I may have along the way. Also do not be so confident every thief is willing to kill and rape. I find it simply cowardice to kill out of fear of the unknown and this man was even worse... a man who shot a fleeing thief in the back.

That being said this man was not shooting people in his own home nor did he give any chance for them to comply.

You are to kind. In my house your dead and you are not getting a warning. When people stopped protecting themselves and their neighbors the world has begun it's plummet to catastrophe. I am not going to take the chance to leave my boys fatherless I will do all my best to kill the intruders granted of course my dogs dont kill them first. I find it cowardice that you would place the criminals feelings and life before that of your own and your family. It is obvious that we are on opposite ends of the spectrum on this.

As a wise man once stated and I love this phrase "If it wasn't for people like me there couldn't be people like you" but that is what keeps the balance of the good and the evil.

I find it cowardice that you would place the criminals feelings and life before that of your own and your family. It is obvious that we are on opposite ends of the spectrum on this.

Make no mistake. I do not hold the criminal's feelings/life above that of my family, should they make any move that shows direct threat to the lives of my family, or anyone else, the criminal has just lost theirs. I wouldn't say we are on opposite ends as we are both willing to kill, I am just a bit more patient with people who have not yet proven their worthlessness/danger in my mind.

A few points

In my house pulling the trigger w/ out warning

In my yard have good stand off and hold them their...if they run they run...they come towards me pulling the trigger.

I think he was right in tryin to stop them for sure dont know what happend leading up to the shoots being fired I DIDNT SEE.

However before he goes outside he says im goin to stop them...im goin to kill them prob. not a good thing to say.

I have to agree with Funk nasty on this one u never know what someone like that will do to you for the simple fact of they know the risk of robbery and r still willing to take it.