COD4+xfire Problems

NoGooD

Perhaps this isn't the right section, but I wanted to gear it more towards ppl that play COD. Everytime I try to open COD while xfire is enabled, the game will crash and take me back to desktop.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, and if they've found any solutions to it.

• Administrators
Perhaps this isn't the right section, but I wanted to gear it more towards ppl that play COD. Everytime I try to open COD while xfire is enabled, the game will crash and take me back to desktop.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem, and if they've found any solutions to it.

What OS r u running?

i dunno mine runs fine? may be try installing xfire back?

I'll give a reinstall a try, see what happens and get back to you guys tomorrow. Quite frankly, xfire tends to irritate me off while I'm in game and someone just "has" to tell me something. At the same time, I play terribly if the lag that xfire causes isn't there. Thx for the suggestions guys.

What OS r u running?

[smacks head] Geez, I shoulda started out by saying I'm using XP Pro SP3. Its an N-lited version, but xfire worked fine until an update about 2-4 months ago. Every since, its been screwed up. in general but it's really bad when trying to use it in game. For ET I typically use ETMin and switch to desktop to use xfire. with COD4, I haven't found a prog that will allow me to do the same thing.