Rommel Final

stabak

• Administrators

When in a map you don't from where bullets are coming like Marakesh, then it's a serious bug. AFAIK that's what gao mean to say in his post. Once bug is observed it's better to replace that map until it's fixed because there are many other maps.

If it's well know for 6 years then probably they are non harmful bugs like missing shaders at high FOV, etc. If you think any map bugs needs fixes, feel free to take demo and I will past it on to right persons.

I am saying again final time, if you think those bugs are serious, take demo and start making topic for each maps and I will try to get them fixed. I am saying up front, I don't know map scripting but I know few mappers who are willing to help and they even have provided many scripts before for many maps.

It's least of my concern what you take serious and what not.

adlernest: serious bug. crouching on left side of mainentrance will make you get on the roof. I hate people going there, cause it totally ruins the map.

But please dont be consequent and remove adlernest, cause although it has this very annoying bug, nice people will never abuse it. And not so nice players like me, throw even nades there if they see a teammate crouching there. Jawohl, teamkill! It definately ruins the map, or at least the first part of it.

Its a well known bug, do you really need a demo? This bug is even more annoying than 1 single non-solid truck on dubrovnik (what is quite useless without wallhack).

not sure if you can fix those kinds of bug with scripts, without having the source. Why can all the people enjoy this map although it has a non solid truck, and here it gets sorted out because of this. And on the other hand, other maps with similar bugs get accepted without nouncing they may have a bug? People know it or dont know it. If they do, they learn to handle it. If its a bug, that gives u an advantage like adlernest or railgun, people who abuse it should get punished. Idk how you can abuse the bug on dubrovnik, since every1 can shoot through the truck.

this went into a really stupid discussion about bugs on maps. I dont care about it, and i dont abuse them. Its my reply to your argument, that dubrovnik is not takeable because of its bug. It has been disproved since there are many other maps with similar bugs.

And as i have said before: those maps i have requested are not my favourite maps, but they are good maps for the size of the hardcore server. And thats the basis, where i would decide if a map may be good for the server or not. A no-go map is definately the tank bug on stalingrad, if there wouldnt be any script fix, i would have definately refused my request. (if you destroy left tank first, the maps ends without finishing complete object)