World Of Starcraft

OnionKnight

Ya we all know WOW exists, but what about WOS?

Someone out there is using blizzards "modding tools" to create "world of starcraft." Good ? Bad? to be honest it is kinda impressive (but still doesn't take away the fact that this game is going to be another grind =P)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roIOpHq0vUc

Also we believe blizzard will sue in a couple days

But why? Why play another grind/gearing up game? All WoW is, is hand holding. You can't do anything on your own. You cannot hold competitions for best warrior, auctions, parties, or anything else that may cause blizzard to lose control of any situation. You will get banned. So seriously, why play a game like this.

But why? Why play another grind/gearing up game? All WoW is, is hand holding. You can't do anything on your own. You cannot hold competitions for best warrior, auctions, parties, or anything else that may cause blizzard to lose control of any situation. You will get banned. So seriously, why play a game like this.

Everyone likes different games. I agree with you, but sometimes it stills being fun the way it is. Of course COD type of games are better, much better. But I enjoy playingg different kinds of games sometimes.

Everyone likes different games. I agree with you, but sometimes it stills being fun the way it is. Of course COD type of games are better, much better. But I enjoy playingg different kinds of games sometimes.

Exactly, playing different types of games is fun. Once I get bored of one time, i play another.

Personally I love building up characters and gearing them up. Its all about learning how to play each character.

No reason to play it. But it is funny how blizzard released some mod tools and they used it to mod Wow into a game that Blizzard might have considered creating in the future. But I bet you that project will die fast because a.) lots of effort to recreate an mmo and b.) they will a threatening letter to be sued by blizzard (plus the only way they could run this is on a private server )

LOL so much hatemail...jeez I am *cough* sorry. Ok I played WoW for about 6 months. My best friend, me and my wife all started accounts. I rejoined GV (guardians of valhalla, I helped build this guild, its roughly 20 years old, multigame guild). I came from a game called ultima online, which is a sandbox type mmorpg. You can literally do anything you want (aside from cheating). So I was spoiled. Once I (finally) reached 70, and found out that there wasn't anything else to do but gear, gear, gear...I got frustrated and quit. Playing the exact same dungeon, in the exact same role, over and over again is not my idea of having fun. What could WoW have done to solve this? A number of things. But I'm not sharing those ideas just yet XD

LOL so much hatemail...jeez I am *cough* sorry. Ok I played WoW for about 6 months. My best friend, me and my wife all started accounts. I rejoined GV (guardians of valhalla, I helped build this guild, its roughly 20 years old, multigame guild). I came from a game called ultima online, which is a sandbox type mmorpg. You can literally do anything you want (aside from cheating). So I was spoiled. Once I (finally) reached 70, and found out that there wasn't anything else to do but gear, gear, gear...I got frustrated and quit. Playing the exact same dungeon, in the exact same role, over and over again is not my idea of having fun. What could WoW have done to solve this? A number of things. But I'm not sharing those ideas just yet XD

I had the same problem, I reached 80 and the only thing I could do is quests, quests, gearing, gearing. For what?! It was fun when I wasn't 80, leveling, etc... Well Cataclysm is out now and you can get to 85, but you know what... I'm a complete noob now and I don't want to get addicted to this kind of game, cuz if you can do hundreds of different things, I will be playing 10 hours per day, will get fat, no friends, no girls... That's not the kind of life I want for me, you know? I play ET, COD, because I can't play more than 3 hours in a row, I get bored, that's why I love those games! But like I said b4 each person likes different kinds of games.

I had the same problem, I reached 80 and the only thing I could do is quests, quests, gearing, gearing. For what?! It was fun when I wasn't 80, leveling, etc... Well Cataclysm is out now and you can get to 85, but you know what... I'm a complete noob now and I don't want to get addicted to this kind of game, cuz if you can do hundreds of different things, I will be playing 10 hours per day, will get fat, no friends, no girls... That's not the kind of life I want for me, you know? I play ET, COD, because I can't play more than 3 hours in a row, I get bored, that's why I love those games! But like I said b4 each person likes different kinds of games.

People that play sandbox mmo's can make money off of them. That is what I was doing before with Ultima Online, and would be doing in Mortal Online right now if I choose to do so. You see in those games you can own virtual property. You have houses, boats, land. The games operate on the basis of an item based game, where as WoW is more like a gearing type game. With an item type game you can accrue items that aren't bound to your account. Therefor you can set up a house to be a shop, operate an auction house (which is alot of work), set up a real estate company (which I did in UO), among many things. The tournaments were well planned. An example of one of my tournaments would be to completely remodel a 16/16 grid home (largest home type you can fully customize on UO). I would put a railing around the outer 1/1 grid for visitors watching the games. The inside would be a 4 story arena, with hidden holes for people to fall, teleport switches that may teleport a person inside a 1/2 caged area with a vicious beast. Oh mind you, my contestants would have to walk in naked with nothing in their packs. I would litter the ground with weapons/armor. They would have to make the choice of grabbing and gearing as fast as they could hoping the other person didn't just grab that halberd and had the macing skill. (in UO, it was a skill based charactor. you could adjust health/mana/stamina, but max on any of those is 120, therefore a maxed out macer with a halberd can kill you in one hit if you have no armor on) These tournaments can get interesting.

Check out Mortal Online. Better graphics than WoW. The game plays in first person view, and each charactor has 10 hitboxes. You actually have to swing your sword or aim your bow. Your magic doesn't shoot 'through' your teammates, it hits them. This is a free for all game. Anybody at any time can attack you without provocation. You can own a house, build a player run city, and watch as another clan walks in and totally destroys everything with catapults, battering rams and trebechuts. Just look up the skill tree. Looks more like a forest the way each branch opens out to more branches as you specilize. This isn't a level based game but a skill based game. You can increase your skills either way, up or down. It doesn't cost gold to do it, just practicing that type of skill.

Okay just to update some info. It is actually a mod for Starcraft 2 lol !!!

Also on more news, Blizzard officially endorsed them now to finish their mod saying "as long as you change the name to something else instead of World of Starcraft, we got no problem with it." They also invited the maker to visit the Blizzard Campus so they can have a chat.

At the same time the creator was also offered a job by Riot Games (the makers of League of Legends).

So the lesson learned is: A.) There might be a real World of Starcraft planned in the works at blizzard and B.) Modding games can lead to job opportunities

which game? UO came out in 97 and still has the exact same graphics and a low population nowadays. Mortal Online is on its way up. The people who made Mortal Online were old UO addicts who wanted to remake UO into what it originally was. Chaotic. Check out Mortal Online if you want to try a game that lets you decide how to play. Its 15 dollars a month.