Auto balance

Forsaken

Just wondering if for the hardcore server this can be removed along with the ability to choose a team other than spec. People are joining without looking at the teams and it ends up being 5v10 and the auto balance usually puts the wrong people on the same team and it makes for an unenjoyable game. I dont like being on the same team with the only people in the server who can kill me and I dont think the other team likes it either but auto balance loves doing it. If auto balance is removed and the only option is auto assign and the teams are still stacked i have the ability to still sit spec until the team that needs help is down a player. Ive asked around and several others liked the idea.

I do agree with the auto assign being the only option at start or when joining a game. Auto balance is what it is...it is a numerical balance and nothing more. Intentional team stacking, performance wise, not numerical can be a drag. I dont see it very often done intentionally. It usually is by chance. Numerical stacking does happen quite a bit by team switching. This I do not allow. I issue warns and kicks for this behavior. I feel numerical stacking is "trending" right now due to a lot of inexperienced players on the servers. You will see it fade out as players become more experienced and comfortable in playing. I personally dont believe it warrants any other attention right yet. If we all keep a watchful eye it shall work out.

we have a namechanging hack in the HC right now if anyone is reading this..............

we got it sorted. though i think we might have some more problems with this dude...

I believe that for auto-assign at the start of the map is completely random. For auto team balance, it automatically switches the last joined player I believe. Statistically, that is correct. Further more, I wouldn't like to keep spec until a team is unbalanced, I rather just play.

It doesn't happen often that, with the case of 6-8, the 6 is way better. If 8 is better, you, or auto team balance, can fill that gap. At the start of a round, I usually count the good players (all FA, and a large set of regulars, e.g. Forsaken :P), and check if those are comparable, otherwise I switch as soon as the teams are semi-unbalanced (7-6 or something). When we have a round of 20 minutes, it is for me not possible to switch teams 4 times a match and still enjoy the game.

If a more advanced auto team balance would exists (based on time on server, k/d ratio, whatever), it would be great. But there isn't (great idea tho), and our current situation is the easiest without having to worry about each person leaving/joining the game. Statistically, it'll work.