New computer

Aigle

Hey guys,

I went to Canada Computer today to ask for a quote. I'm not that familiar with new hardware technologies and I don't want to get screwed. If any of you could look at this build, it would be great.

Thank you in advance!

computer.pdf

Whenever you have someone put a computer together for you, it will always cost a little bit more then if you did it yourself. You should not have any performace issues with this build and it will run like a bat :)

Sorry I didn't explain myself correctly. I'll build this computer myself at home. Canada Computer is a place where they sell pieces and I've ask the guys there to point me in the right direction for a good gaming computer build. They can install it for 50$, but I'm gonna do it myself for sure. For the prices, I've look at Tiger Direct, Direct Canada and NCIX and the prices were almost the same... I would save a little bit from the net, but it doesn't worth the problems of shipping back anything if I have a problem.

Hey guys,

I went to Canada Computer today to ask for a quote. I'm not that familiar with new hardware technologies and I don't want to get screwed. If any of you could look at this build, it would be great.

Thank you in advance!

Should be fine. The pricing is pretty average of the components (but it isn't bad. Usually it works out the same because every store has some items that are cheaper than its competitors and others that are not).

Sorry I didn't explain myself correctly. I'll build this computer myself at home. Canada Computer is a place where they sell pieces and I've ask the guys there to point me in the right direction for a good gaming computer build. They can install it for 50$, but I'm gonna do it myself for sure. For the prices, I've look at Tiger Direct, Direct Canada and NCIX and the prices were almost the same... I would save a little bit from the net, but it doesn't worth the problems of shipping back anything if I have a problem.

Buy the video card and CPU from NCIX, It saves you $90.

http://www.ncix.com/...ac&promoid=1277

http://www.ncix.com/...el&promoid=1277

For the PSU this only saves you $10 (but $30 if you send in mail in rebate):

http://www.ncix.com/...ir&promoid=1277

The SSD (no change. Only saves you $15 if you send in the MIR):

http://www.ncix.com/...gy&promoid=1277

So in total you can save $100 if you buy those parts from NCIX (and $135 if you do the mail in rebate). Buy the rest from Canada Computer

EDIT: If you don't live in ontario, you can get ground shipping for $5.99 on your order if it is under 100 lb. Also look at the NCIX sales section. Not worth buying anything regular price lol

The mail rebates are almost off... If I buy it now, I'll get them by Tuesday or Wednesday so the MIR will be off.

My problem is if there is a problem with the piece I order. I'll have to deal with NCIX and will have to PAY for the shipping which piss me off. With Canada Computer I can go directly to them... Is buying a computer on the net a really good idea?

The mail rebates are almost off... If I buy it now, I'll get them by Tuesday or Wednesday so the MIR will be off.

My problem is if there is a problem with the piece I order. I'll have to deal with NCIX and will have to PAY for the shipping which piss me off. With Canada Computer I can go directly to them... Is buying a computer on the net a really good idea?

Depends. But to be honest I don't like buying comp stuff on the net either (just because i never trust shipping and handling. In the past something is broken or bashed up and doesn't work then you have to go through a long and lengthly RMA process). Others have good experiences and some have bad (like me. If it weren't for NCIX, I probably still be ordering stuff online).

Since there is no NCIX near you, if I were in your shoes I probably just go to Canada Computer (i know $100 is a lot, but sometimes it isn't worth the weeks of headaches you might get).