Custom Content and still be ranked server?

AntiThought

So me and Baska were discussing custom maps and why we do not have them and it was my assumption that we did not have them because if we did then the server would have to be unranked. So I was searching the internet and I stumbled upon this:

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=272&Itemid=92

Is it true that CoD4 servers running patch 1.5 and above can now use custom content and still be ranked? If so it looks like according to the article we could disable last stand and martyrdom completely or use custom maps and still be ranked. It would be nice if this is true and was not undone in the 1.6 patch.

yeah i hope dare will say Yes and we can test it :D cuz i would really like to add some new maps , and maybe some skins... cuz many server regulars ( including me ) r bored of the same maps over and over , we all knows capm spots , sniper spots etc etc etc ... and would be fabolous to get some new stuff

I couldn't find the post but I asked Dare this very same question a while ago and I think he said we could do customs and still be ranked. Dare what was the deal with the customs?

I also wanted to find out about the map rotation I suggested. I know we all got busy with the holidays but this is a related post and I wanted to bring this up again! :D

My link

Hmm not sure if its possible or not but the only downfall to this is that a redirect server will need to be set up to download the maps and thats the other problems, people joining the server will have to download the maps. Hmm maybe we should get a COD4 Mod server running again. I miss that :)

Hmm not sure if its possible or not but the only downfall to this is that a redirect server will need to be set up to download the maps and thats the other problems, people joining the server will have to download the maps. Hmm maybe we should get a COD4 Mod server running again. I miss that :)

yes would be fun

the only downfall to this is that a redirect server will need to be set up to download the maps and thats the other problems

That is my same concern as far as the maps go. What is your opinion on the part about disallowing perks? Do you think there is any validity to that?

amen brother amen

I find I spend a lot more time policing.. (trying to keep the regulars happy) nothing like the last stander killing you just before your heli.

i say if possible remove the perks

so frustrating when people disobey ):<

ok who do we have to check with to see if it still enables us to be ranked?

secondly. Anti you mentioned the maps would have to be re routed from somewhere. What has to be done to do that?

After reading the article talking about the FK mods... I am excited.

I remember when the new maps came out.. (creek, china town...) wow... was that ever a treat.

Now with these mods.. I would like to see if there are GLITCHEs.. but if the marty, last stand and grenade launcher can be DISABLED... then warning for glitching would be a small thing to do. (warn get out. wait Warn get out. wait and then KICK GET out)

I am scared of the mod servers.. cause who knows what I could pick up there.

Matty_C is trying to get some new maps going.. maybe this is a step... start with a few new maps. or even 1 to start. then mod the game (restrict perks) I am interested in the capture the flag game type.

What do you need me to do? I want to help get this going.

New maps? new mods.. its like a brand NEW GAME.

too much change isnt good. but I would like to see some change.

ok who do we have to check with to see if it still enables us to be ranked?

That will likely be Daredevil.

secondly. Anti you mentioned the maps would have to be re routed from somewhere. What has to be done to do that?

In order to allow people to download the maps as they join the server instead of having to search the internet for them before they can connect to the server, we must also have a redirect server that the people would download from before joining the game server. This is an automatic process- if you do not have the current map redirect kicks in and when your map/mod dl is finished it puts you into the game.

Matty_C is trying to get some new maps going.. maybe this is a step... start with a few new maps. or even 1 to start. then mod the game (restrict perks) I am interested in the capture the flag game type.

too much change isnt good. but I would like to see some change.

I believe we may soon see a server with custom maps and from some of the topics I have seen looks like it may get mods as well but I do not have any confirmation of this.

Ok looks like its only possible in 1.5, which is stupid to downgrade, so we could just run a mod server with all unlocks.

i would really love to try Regin of the undead 2 mod . its so amazing :D . u have to kill all zombies, and @ the end u have to kill one big monster zombie using c4 and knife- after every kill u get piont and u can buy perks and stuff like turret, granade , barrels , exploding barrels, barrels with mg ... i was playing that mod with thundercunt last night and i think iz fuken awesome . http://www.xfire.com/video/3ed959/

if u want to try it and dl u can /connect 79.99.24.10:28963 :D and its 1.7 patch (i think we all have this one) :D