Nade damage

LanceR

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
The kid makes some sense. The flack jacket from the Engineer causes a nade to do less (also causes 4 headshots for a kill instead of 3). Is it possible to remove the flackjackets, at least from etpub?

Why u want to remove it :P Is it bec eng get more easily backraped? Half of the time they die while doing objective :P

I could increase the nade damage but to be frank how many players play eng :P

NO NO NO !!!

do you all know how many time i get my self killed trying to do the obj?

:D

i wont even be able to play as engi if the jacket is not there. that is a special feature of an Engi just like other classes.

so No, do not remove it bro...

cheers..

NO NO NO !!!

do you all know how many time i get my self killed trying to do the obj?

:D

i wont even be able to play as engi if the jacket is not there. that is a special feature of an Engi just like other classes.

so No, do not remove it bro...

cheers..

What does the lvl 4 or 5 eng jacket do?

If the server has no adre and has no dj there is no room for even stronger nades.... i hate getting owned by some nab who shoots a rifle gernade and kills me.... i personally like fragging and not laming.... but in a way to get killz you have to lame .. all i am saying is that i dont think that gernades should have more damage i think the rifle gernades should be completely removed........ or you can just add alittle bit more speed when moving foward... to even out the slowness of walking.. but well these are my opinions hope no one gets upset B)

• Administrators
i hate getting owned by some nab who shoots a rifle gernade and kills me....

If i am not wrong owning with rifle nade or simple nade requires more skill and perfect timing rather then giving HS with low m_pitch with SMG.

The kid makes some sense. The flack jacket from the Engineer causes a nade to do less (also causes 4 headshots for a kill instead of 3). Is it possible to remove the flackjackets, at least from etpub?

i've never heard of a flak jacket having anything to do with the # of HS it takes to kill a player. it rewards ppl who have 4 engi stars with less damage taken from nades, mines and dyno IIRC and if you are getting headshots with landmines then i think there are other server settings we would be better off discussing lol.

in terms of skill level, i would put killing with a regular grenade above killing with r-nade and both above standing on top of a pile of medpacks shooting engineers with 75 less hp than you.. i mean there is grenade spam and lucky random shots with r-nades, and there is skill, just like there are actual good players and there are people who play med ONLY and toss 15 medpacks behind a corner to stand on so they can kill people with 80 less hp than they have, who think that being "pro" means having a server with doublejump and adrenaline and poison needles and knives where they can kill alot of bots and any weapon that can kill a medic should be banned....

i'm sorry but..

If the server has no adre and has no dj there is no room for even stronger nades.... i hate getting owned by some nab who shoots a rifle gernade and kills me.... i personally like fragging and not laming.... but in a way to get killz you have to lame .. all i am saying is that i dont think that gernades should have more damage i think the rifle gernades should be completely removed........ or you can just add alittle bit more speed when moving foward... to even out the slowness of walking.. but well these are my opinions hope no one gets upset B)

your idea of "fragging not laming" includes bumping up the speed on the server, adding adrenaline and dbbl jump and removing any weapon that a non-rambo med could kill you with?? how is that not lame??

w/e. thank you for not having adrenaline on your servers.

DEFAULT ALL THE WAY PLEASE =)

Yes I agree 100% with Ion aka |||||||||||||||||||||||, default settings is the way to go. And I find everyones comments in here that are complaining about nade damage and asking for more speed, double jump . . . yada yada yada so they can be more "PRO" absolutely hilarious. You are no where near pro and have no idea what it is like to be pro.

On 2.60b and in real leagues all weapons are set to default damage. In a typical 6-6 match there is only 1 r-nade allowed per team due to it's devastating effectiveness in the hands of a real pro. Also engineers are only allowed 5 land mines max and 0 land mines and no rnade in 3-3. There is no such thing as xp save in leagues or comp. All players start and finish a map with 0 xp and cannot gain skill levels at all during a match. This is to keep players all at the same default skill levels. Also, there are no such things as medics dropping health packs when killed or Fop dropping ammo when killed. No play dead, no poison, no shotguns, no poison gas, no double jump, no throwing knives and Friendly Fire is always ON! Teams are also limited to 1 panzer, 1 mortar, 1 flamer & 1 MG42 per team and only in 6-6, in 3-3 there are no heavy weapons allowed. Games are in stopwatch mode and each team plays the same map twice, once as allies the other as axis and the team that wins the map in the fastest time is the winner of that map. Matches are also played on ETPro and nothing else as ETPro was originally designed for players who wanted to compete in competition when ET first came out and all there was at the time was etmain. Shortly after ETPro came out ETPub was developed for players who just wanted to play for fun. Jaymod was developed a few years later followed by NoQuarter (worst mod ever developed)

Some of the biggest differences between the mods and also the most evident are the hit boxes. These are the invisible boxes that are generated by the game around a players in game model. They represent the Head, upper torso, legs and arms of the player and subsequently deliver different amounts of damage depending on which box is hit. Each mod has different size hit boxes around the player with ETPro having the smallest and most difficult hit boxes of all mods. A simple analogy of the hit boxes for head shots for each mod would be:

ETPro = baseball

ETPub = softball

Jaymod = volleyball

NQ = basketball

Those would be the equivalent differences in size of the hit boxes for head shots on each mod when compared with each other. As you can see there is a BIG difference between the mods with ETPub being the closest to ETPro but still not Pro.

As for the Flak jacket, give me a freaking break! How many of you who are whining about flak jackets ever stop playing medic and actually play engi? Did you know that a medics health bar goes up to 156? that's the highest health of any class. The engineer starts with 130 health max until he/she reaches 4 stars at which point the engi is rewarded with a flak jacket. All the flak jacket does is boosts the engis health from 130 to 140, this is still less than the 156 health a med can receive and engis don't have the liberty of getting shot then jumping around a corner to "health up" and jump back into the firefight with full health. No, on the contrary, the engi is probably the biggest target of all and usually all engis have the most deaths on a team cause these guys are the ones that will actually win the map without any recognition. How many objectives have to be built, repaired, blown up or disarmed in a map? how many maps could actually be won if the attacking team had no engis the whole map?

You people who whine about a flak jacket, I challenge you to play nothing but engi and see how well you do.

For those of you who do not know me and may be skeptical about what I am talking about or doubt that I know what I'm talking about, let me tell you a little about myself. I have fought in several different ETPro leagues being, TWL (Team Warfare League), ClanBase (all euro league) I have also participated as Referee for ClanBase in several tournaments & STA (Stronger Than All). Aside from playing in these leagues I am also an Administrator in ETL (Evil Territory League). Some of my duties there include certifying servers for league play. This means checking servers that a clan would like to use for comp and to be sure that it has the current league configs, streaming with pbbans, all the league maps are present and the servers settings are up to league standards. I also help in writing the rules for the league and update league configs and send them to Bani to get certified. Now ETL is merging with a larger league, one that players actually play for REAL money, XPL (Extreme Players League) and I will become an Administrator in that league also. So yes, I AM PRO! I may not be a Pro player in the leagues, but I am a Pro Administrator and I have seen what real Pros are all about.

I have a certified ETPro league server on 2.60b if anyone would actually like to play on a real Pro server and get a feel for the settings that real Pro players play on. Anyone who is interested can contact me on my xfire: z1thormiester

So, moral of this post, if you keep going for all these adjustments and think it will help you become more Pro then I am sorry to say you are very wrong, all this will do is make you more NUB!

Thor! aka lil' old me

As for the Flak jacket, give me a freaking break! How many of you who are whining about flak jackets ever stop playing medic and actually play engi? Did you know that a medics health bar goes up to 156? that's the highest health of any class. The engineer starts with 130 health max until he/she reaches 4 stars at which point the engi is rewarded with a flak jacket. All the flak jacket does is boosts the engis health from 130 to 140, this is still less than the 156 health a med can receive and engis don't have the liberty of getting shot then jumping around a corner to "health up" and jump back into the firefight with full health. No, on the contrary, the engi is probably the biggest target of all and usually all engis have the most deaths on a team cause these guys are the ones that will actually win the map without any recognition. How many objectives have to be built, repaired, blown up or disarmed in a map? how many maps could actually be won if the attacking team had no engis the whole map?

I am totally wit you bro.

Some players who play here have long way to go from noob to pro. currently the server is full of these panza kills (which absolutely requires no skill to kill a player at spwn) and air attacks on spwn continuously. I hate this so much (and i know the real ET players how are not here for FUN ONLY) and i am trying to fix it with dare, at least to limit the number of panza per team and bring up some rules to limit the spwn killing. well the server is new and we need more admin power to keep the eye on players so this might take some time but surly i will be working on.

and comparing engis flack jacket with anything is just a useless thing to do. All the classes are there in ET for a defined task.

Soldier - Try to stop the other team from OBJ using all the power

Medics - Look and heal your FELLOW members while they also can take that advantage of self healing

Fld op - aganin Maximum damage to other team and keep the teams AMMO level up

Engi - Do the obj under a rain of enimy fire

Cov op - bring invisible death to others

all the players have some sort of a special ability, self healing, disguise, heavy weapons etc... and flak jacket is a minor thing compared to the other this and still the engi is the only person who really wanna do the obj.

I am not saying the other classes are bad or something, but from all of them Engi is the most respectable.

meaning if you really select engi that means you wanna do the obj, not just frag like carzy and loose the game.

Medics - Look and heal your FELLOW members while they also can take that advantage of self healing

right on. but sometimes after a few hours, when it's getting late and i am irritable it looks more like:

Soldier - I can't kill anyone with a normal weapon

Medics - I can't kill anyone without a huge hp advantage

Field op - I can't kill anyone but at least my airstrikes will

Engi - F all of you i am going to win the map

Cov op - I can't kill anyone without hiding behind a rock in the back of the map and sniping them

:lol:

right on. but sometimes after a few hours, when it's getting late and i am irritable it looks more like:

Soldier - I can't kill anyone with a normal weapon

Medics - I can't kill anyone without a huge hp advantage

Field op - I can't kill anyone but at least my airstrikes will

Engi - F all of you i am going to win the map

Cov op - I can't kill anyone without hiding behind a rock in the back of the map and sniping them

:lol:

Lol, well i would advise anyone starting ET to choose Medic for that added health advatage.

I've always prefereed using arty as a means for stopping tanks - though putting it in a startegic postion helps too :P (can't stand when people chuck it for no seemingly good reason and waste it)

Soldiers are often hated but i always use it when i want fun and to supress attackers.

Engi - need more rambo engis. Just one rambo engi can carry the team in certain situations.

Cov op - sten i would argue is great for taking down medics. Sniping can be fun for some :P

But yeah that's just my two cents there :hi

• Administrators

lol i love doing that . The best is to keep moving and keep sniping.