locked keys in car.....

Achiyan

locked keys in my 2000 impala ls....dont have a doorstop/wedge and nearby stores are closed. was gonna try the hanger trick but chevy has installed a harder 'water jam' the prevents anything from slidin behind the window. my two best bets thwarted. any tips?

ps: i gotta work in the mornin. its 10:30pm now...... :(

2000 Imp=no Onstar my guess

locksmith, a company close to here called autorescue uses the wedge to get into locked cars, maybe look up online/auto section of yellow pages for such a company, or a tow truck company might do that as well.

Newer cars are hell to retreive keys from..

A friend of mine had a new Clio and had to break the window lol.. Can pick up replacement windows from scrappies pretty cheap.. but you cant do that if you need to leave it at work =/

2000 Imp=no Onstar my guess

locksmith, a company close to here called autorescue uses the wedge to get into locked cars, maybe look up online/auto section of yellow pages for such a company, or a tow truck company might do that as well.

i considered that...but im broke. lol. dont know what the rates are, just not gonna bother. considered calling the cops tho too. problem with that is my tags expired last month. :lol:

Newer cars are hell to retreive keys from..

A friend of mine had a new Clio and had to break the window lol.. Can pick up replacement windows from scrappies pretty cheap.. but you cant do that if you need to leave it at work =/

that crossed my mind in a pissed moment. but i cant do that to my baby. guess i'll just wait until tomorrow and have someone take me to get a wedge...but i still need something long to hit the switch with. DAMNIT :mad . my hangers arent long enought. just tried. thought i was in a eureka moment. i used a pair of pliers to pry open the gap where they put the wedge but i fell short. plus the hanger bends when you slide it in and starts heading towards the center of the car.

Eventually Get triple AAA or get on someone account. Or if you know somone who has AAA have them call for you.

Best of luck :yahoo

your doing this ---> :yahoo and i look like this ---> :cry lol.

thanx for the help guys. really appreciate it.

What i ussually do i have blood pressure cuff take screwdriver slide gently on the side of your door pull a little than slide blood pressure cuff if you have it

and inflate it and than its easy take anything like metal rod etc.. and push on your unlock lock :) and its done

What i ussually do i have blood pressure cuff take screwdriver slide gently on the side of your door pull a little than slide blood pressure cuff if you have it

and inflate it and than its easy take anything like metal rod etc.. and push on your unlock lock :) and its done

yeah i know about that. the cuff is same as one of the pump wedges isnt it? or something similiar? i dont have either anyway. nor did i have a long enough rod...wait, maybe my rod on the blinds is long enough. either or, i still gotta wegde it open.

I think you'll find the top arch of the door is most vulnerable btw..

yeah i know. its kinda weird to me that i cant find a doorstop in the stores near my home...bi-lo, food lion, dollar general, family dollar...what gives? lol wal-mart is sure fire tho. i'll let you guys know what i ended up doing tomorrow night.