Does anyone know about alienware computers???

JARHEADE9

Ok heres the problem anytime i try to log on too any F|A server I get unable to conect message is it my computer or my conection? I have a T-3 internet conection and it is running around 34gb download and 27gb upload speed ? i have had no problems before my house got robbed and was using a gateway computer any help is greatly apreciated!!

Thanks

• Administrators

Can you post SS or exact error? Did u tried connecting using IP.Like /connect 74.63.64.44:27960

• Administrators
hmm :hmm alienware computers... sure i know about them, WAY overpriced for performance level, you mainly pay for the name :hijack

I agree :P In the end its all what Dell assembles.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I understand the question but here is my opinion for what it's worth. Alienware is vastly overrated - you don't need anything that powerful for ET anyway. You can find used alienware computers on craigslist for one-fifth the original cost. You can get by with a used Dell with an AGP card for a couple hundred used. I use a 2002 Sony Vaio computer and it works fine, the main thing is how you set up the computer and your config file.

lol thats an epic conection speed bro, and alienware is an epic computer, i have 2 of them worth 10 grand each :D enough of me bragging tho... go into your network settings and set up another line to your computer-to-router then try that, altho if you can get onto the internet then the conection isnt the problem, which u obviousally can, theres another thing u can do which is make sure (its a pain in the ass i know) that your ports are forwarded thru ET, either that or get a techy out to check the t3 line to make sure it isnt damaged =) hope that helps alil :hi

If you can connect to the internet on that computer, then it's an issue on how you're connecting to the game.

Open up the command prompt and type in: ping . Be sure to actually put the server IP, not , or we'll laugh at you. If you can ping it, then something is blocking your connection on your computer. If you can't, then it's some other issue. Make sure your game is on the correct version. Try connecting without a firewall turned on, also, as those can often mess up connections (especially Windows firewall). Hmmm... that's all I can think of right now. Give us a update on what you've done that people have suggested, what the exact error is, and we can help you some more.

Not to detract from the topic, but I think the real question here is what in the heck are you doing with a T3 connection.

Seeing as how it looks like you already have an alienware comp (maybe I misread the title) then perhaps you could post the specs of your network (router, network card, can you access the net at all, etc) if your still having the problem (seeing as how I just noticed this thread was made back in May...DOH!).

• 6 months later...

Hi Jarhead! I assume you are connecting through some type of shared network? Using windows xp? Try doing start>run>cmd try to ping a known ip address like google (64.233.169.103) then try to ping the host name (in this case www.google.com) if you can ping the ip but not the host name that would be a dns issue. There could also be a rogue/malfunctioning switch somewhere on your network that could be causing you problems. Do you have multiple dumb switches for multiple devices? Are you cascading switches? That would definitely cause connectivity problems. Could also be nic driver issues, nic hardware issues, and even bad patch cable :rolleyes: If you give us more info I'm sure we can get you fixed.

Hi Jarhead! I assume you are connecting through some type of shared network? Using windows xp? Try doing start>run>cmd try to ping a known ip address like google (64.233.169.103) then try to ping the host name (in this case www.google.com) if you can ping the ip but not the host name that would be a dns issue. There could also be a rogue/malfunctioning switch somewhere on your network that could be causing you problems. Do you have multiple dumb switches for multiple devices? Are you cascading switches? That would definitely cause connectivity problems. Could also be nic driver issues, nic hardware issues, and even bad patch cable :rolleyes: If you give us more info I'm sure we can get you fixed.

Posted 26 May 2009 - 03:52 PM