2024 Southeast Pacific and Atlantic hurricane season

LazyHippo

As every year beginning in June through November theres hurricane season for those who live in coastal lines in the Tropical Pacific or Central American, Caribbean and Atlantic USA & Canada could feel concern about this weather phenomena.

Will keep updating as possible on this thread the activity of this meteors. Couple of weeks ago we had the impact of "Alberto", the first named system in the Atlantic side. It brought needed rain into the country but also made a lot of destruction.

image.thumb.png.497b56b4030b0de72ad64d64dbb1e2fe.png

Infrared satellite image of Tropical Storm "Alberto" reaching mexican gulf coast line on June 19th (Image credit: NOAA)

Several states declared state of emergency and it left several flooding and 3 deaths.

Now we have "Beryl" in open Atlantic on a Category 4 hurricane (up for a scale of 5 top) heading to the Lesser Antilles by tomorrow and then diving into very warm waters where its forecasted that will intensify his strenght even more.

Seems its heading towards my state but we will know for sure next Wednesday when it reaches Jamaica island.

image.png.dcfe44e08a720ba7ffa77fcb5b25b500.png

5 day cone forecast for "Beryl" category 4 hurricane as 13:00hrs EST June 30, 2024 (Image credit: NOAA)

image.thumb.jpeg.b17bdf4eb70b2d110fa9ace078faf1f6.jpeg

Real color satellite image (Image credit: NOAA)

image.png.ad7383bb2672904fcbd286569ed9bf0f.png

Infrared satellite image for the Eastern Caribbean on 30th June, 2024 (Image credit: NOAA)

Edited by LazyHippo
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Surprise 3

• LazyHippo changed the title to 2024 Southeast Pacific and Atlantic hurricane season

I feel that all the rain of Alberto fell in my house

Palm Trees Rain GIF

• Sad 1
  • Surprise 1

• Leader
2 hours ago, LazyHippo said:

Seems its heading towards my state

That is what I thought when I saw a similar map on my TV this morning.  "Heading straight for LazyHippo!" 😮 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cocanation said:

I feel that all the rain of Alberto fell in my house

Palm Trees Rain GIF

And it was only a Tropical Storm paisa 😱

1 hour ago, RedBaird said:

That is what I thought when I saw a similar map on my TV this morning.  "Heading straight for LazyHippo!" 😮 

Panic buying in 3, 2, 1... 🛒

• Like 2

Update: 'Three' became 'Chris' right before making landfall. It's been raining all day here btw, 
 two_atl_0d0.png?302257

• Like 3

Like @Cocanation said the 3rd one of the season and namesake "Chris" making landfall almost same point where "Alberto" did.

image.thumb.png.04f328055224c9783ef43b2b237a1e12.png

Infrared satellite image of remnants of "Chris" on July 1st, 2024 (Image credit: NOAAA)

I see a lot of water coming in this days  with this system over the country.

And also "Beryl" coming in quickly at 21mph in open waters at the Caribbean after hitting the Tobago, St. Lucia, Petit St. Vicent & Barbados islands.

Still same force almost category 5 hurricane, has maximum sustained winds of 155mph.

Hasnt been a major hurricane so early in the season since 1966.

Heard the Hurricane Hunter from United States was in the "eye" today.

image.png.af3c2a73c6ecd76c6ff615ce58d9042f.png

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

At this moment Beryl is at Hippo's place
May be an image of tornado, map and text
image.thumb.png.29df633173bb7d01ddc82935e880b321.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Surprise 1

I could say was pretty lucky to have safe home to stay at and we are grateful it was a weaken hurricane, we went out of energy power couple of hours at night and not a alot of signs of damage outside, impacted late night southern state category 2 at little town and also archeological site Tulum, which I have gone several times and im sad to know it has several erosion damage at the beach and some destruction at downtown.

Cancun had tropical storm conditions, some trees and signs are damaged but nothing like what happened on the south or not even close from what happened in Jamaica and other islands in the Caribbean.

Now it has weaken but emerging into the Gulf of Mexico where will gain some strenght in the path and will impact again and make landfall once more between the mexican state of Tamaulipas and american Texas starting next week.

• Like 6

Not very good news for southern Texas, Beryl has now downgraded to a tropical depression and will dissipate soon.

Far as I know only @Magi and @killaclown live in Texas, I hope both are alright 😧

• Like 2

• Platinum VIP

we good brotha, storm went east to us, talked to peter earlier he's doing ok, @wnk  @killaclown I hope yall both doin ok. I might be headed down to Houston to help out my companies market if they need it. Stay safe fellas.

• Like 3

Im good here, the storm didnt hit us too bad. I know @wnk has a lot of flooding around in his area.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1