predictions for the uefa champions league?

kelp consumer

I personally think that Madrid will go through and win the champions league

My predictions: image.png.3fa6dd20fe5132d29927223ac128860c.png

Share your thoughts?

Edited by kelp consumer
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Today & yesterday was quarter final match day, yesterday Madrid faced City in a 3-3 draw, Arsenal faced Bayern with a 2-2 draw. Today PSG played Barcelona in a 2-3 loss and Dortmund played Atletico in a 1-2 loss.

My favourite goal was in the Madrid and City match by Valverde who scored a beautiful volley.

Match recaps -

Madrid vs City https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cslMFr1LGfU

Arsenal vs Bayern https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noSYpa_1WTQ&t=392s

Dortmund vs Atletico https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFHT_avDb-Y&t=36s

PSG vs Barcalona https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvP0nUxiDqA

What was your favourite goal?

Edited by kelp consumer
  • Like 1

Amazing matches lately, also today in the Europa league. I feel the taking away of the away team scoring counting double benefits a lot to this. Used to see a lot of boring draws since teams didnt wanna risk getting a goal against at home. Conclusion: Probs Real Madrid (personal hate a lot against them 😄 ) will probs win with a overtime goal.. 

Im a barca fan, but they are not as good as they used to be, City and PSG are teams which are just good by money by rich oil people and i dont like that in general, Bayern just not good enough, Arsenal chokes i think and Dortmund not good enough. Then i hate the Simeone guy. 

Besides putting all my anger at coaches, money and in general at other drivers at the road, im a very loving person 😄 

Jokes aside, good season to watch with a lot of amazing goals, esp yesterdays with city and real!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Yeah I agree, Europa league and Champions league have been extremely interesting this season! I also want to see Barcalona (though I still like Madrid more) in a final againt another team as their players are just so fun to watch! I have to say this has been the one of the best champions leagues in recent time as the goals between Bayern vs Arsenal and City vs Madrid have a combined goals of 10!

It is honestly impossible to predict who will win and it all. I have always liked Madrid (especially 2016, Madrid with the purple kit and noodle hair Ronaldo) and I hope that they win the competition.

Edited by kelp consumer
  • Like 1

image.jpeg.19aa3456bfc8873ad9caa649211c5ae6.jpeg

My predictions.

Atletico is too clever not to go through against Dortmund with a goal in hand. I expect a repeat of the first leg result-wise (2-1). Dortmund will not be without their chances but their inability to score will force them to a high defense line which will be their undoing.

I do not like PSG's midfield at all. I think Barcelona will continue to exploit their weakness in midfield and go through.

Bayern has lost Coman and Gnabry to injuries during the week but I think that the psychological damage dealt by the Aston Villa loss in the Premier League this past weekend weighs heavier. Bayern has nothing else to play for, Leverkusen just won the league title and they've been out of the national cup since last year. Champion's League is all they have to sweeten this sour season, so I expect them to be on point. Also, the Arsenal players look overplayed to me.

City vs Madrid, I expect a narrow match. But ultimately I think City will go through, their team is just a bit better and they enjoy home-field advantage.

As for the rest of this Champion's League season: ultimately I think Bayern will face Barcelona in the finals and win it all. While I think that City is the actual best team in the competition, Bayern and Barcelona to me have the right mix of quality and having nothing to lose. With both teams already having announced the sacking of their respective head coaches (Tuchel and Xavi), this will be a very intriguing match-up.

• Like 1

You know what? I think @Lt Steiner is right and I would like to change the top of half of my predictions. You pointed out some good points about PSG's midfield and now I would like to say with a one point lead, Barcalona will go through because of the extraordinary defence, midfield and with their goal scoring attack.

It will make it hard for Mbappé (by far my fav youngster) and Dembélé to get past Barcalona's insane defense as well. So If Barcalona beats PSG I can agree (again) with @Lt Steiner that Atletico will face Barcalona in the semi's but lose putting Barcalona in a final.

BUT, CITY WILL NOT BEAT MADRID and Madrid will beat Bayern or whoever goes through.

image.png.08da55fbc2e8cf54c0dc336c3be8324a.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was going to make a post for tomorrow but todays matches were WAY TOO GOOD! 

Spoilers up ahead (its not very detailed but it has the scores and my thoughts)

Spoiler

Firstly Dortmund vs Atlético.

On the first leg Atlético beat Dortmund 2-1, but that is only the first leg. The second leg was today and somehow, somehow Dortmund made the comeback beating Atlético 4-2 making it 5-4 Dortmund wins on aggregate! I can't even believe my eyes as Atlético has been knocked out!

The next game was Barcalona vs PSG which ended in a 4-1 win to Paris. I dont know if I should be happy or not as I really wanted to see Barcelona go to the final but Mbappé is by far my favourite youngster. I am hoping to see a Paris-Madrid final at the end of the season.

MATCH RECAPS

Dortmund vs Atlético: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IwxePlm2z0

Barcalona vs PSG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ygh0QxDck

Edited by kelp consumer
  • Like 1

MADRID BEAT CITY ON PENALTIES SUIIIII

Cryptocurrency Ronaldo GIF by stake.fish

Anyways, today Madrid faced City in a 1-1 draw so they had to go to overtime. I can not believe my eyes when City missed two penalties in a row so then Madrid could go through to the semis.

Next game was Bayern vs Arsenal like I am sure that we have all seen, it is 1-0 Bayern win. Simple game so I will not blaber about it too much.

Game recaps:

Bayern vs Arsenal https://youtu.be/2l3AOjOzV9Q
City vs Madrid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d515eUGradk&t=3s

Great quarterfinals altogether with some surprises.

Dortmund for once this season were actually productive. Their problem all season long was that they were unable to create chances and score goals, even when they dominated weaker opposition possession-wise. But against Atletico - of all teams - they were clinical. Very good display by them.

Araújo's red card is one of the worst defensive blunders on this level in a while. Even if Barcola had scored - if -, Barcelona still would've had one goal in hand. Changed the course of the game.

Bayern not terribly spectacular but composed, disciplined and in control. A lot of Arsenal's players looked exhausted and in need of a break. I could very well see them crash out of the title race in the Premier League now.

City the better team but extremely ineffective. Their attack looked good until they got near the penalty area, then their attack slowed down. Haaland and Alvarez heavily underutilised, with the exception of sometimes de Bruyne playing a nice vertical pass, they get little service. This has been a recurring theme with City this season, not only in the game against Madrid. The penalty shot by Bernardo Silva was insane. With Modric just having missed, this was not the time for a Panenka penalty. City players and Guardiola looked like they had zero confidence going into the penalty shootout from the get-go. Always a bad omen when your goal keeper has to take a penalty shot himself.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also can we just point out in the Madrid City game, Madrid had only 32% possession, 8 shots as opposed to Citys 33 shots, 3 shots on target as apposed to City's 9 shots on targets, less passing, less passing accuracy, they did less fouls and had 17 less corners than City? XDDDD

(Also they were using a sub GK who is 25 years old and rated 74????)

Just saw this about Barcalona :(

Edited by kelp consumer
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 1:52 PM, Lt Steiner said:

Great quarterfinals altogether with some surprises.

Dortmund for once this season were actually productive. Their problem all season long was that they were unable to create chances and score goals, even when they dominated weaker opposition possession-wise. But against Atletico - of all teams - they were clinical. Very good display by them.

Araújo's red card is one of the worst defensive blunders on this level in a while. Even if Barcola had scored - if -, Barcelona still would've had one goal in hand. Changed the course of the game.

Bayern not terribly spectacular but composed, disciplined and in control. A lot of Arsenal's players looked exhausted and in need of a break. I could very well see them crash out of the title race in the Premier League now.

City the better team but extremely ineffective. Their attack looked good until they got near the penalty area, then their attack slowed down. Haaland and Alvarez heavily underutilised, with the exception of sometimes de Bruyne playing a nice vertical pass, they get little service. This has been a recurring theme with City this season, not only in the game against Madrid. The penalty shot by Bernardo Silva was insane. With Modric just having missed, this was not the time for a Panenka penalty. City players and Guardiola looked like they had zero confidence going into the penalty shootout from the get-go. Always a bad omen when your goal keeper has to take a penalty shot himself.

Agree on all, funny thing; i was texting with chuu during City - Madrid and we both were like: 18 corners for City vs 0 for Madrid, probably as usual (and thats why they win so many trophies) they will score a last minute winner. When Kovacic came on in the  115th minute we were like; if you bring on a player just for penalties its like jynxing.. and what happened?:D about Bernardo Silva, it looks extremely dumb when the keeper just stays there, which barely ever happens. I hope for full german final, altho i think its gonna be an easy Hala Madrid trophy again... :(

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Today was the first leg of the semi final for Madrid vs Bayern and I have to say some very surprising results.

Both teams played very good honestly and it was a very entertaining with Vini scoring two goals and Sane just balling out.

I didnt even watch the whole game because I closed my laptop and decided to do something else after Vini missed the shot in the 78th mintue xdd. I didnt know Madrid tied until I my friend told me xdd.

Other than that watching the game was fun but frustrating but too bad I cant watch the next one as I'll be out of the country :(

Champions League Dancing GIF by UEFA

• Like 1