Beg2 Bug

PHNTM

Hi there!

I've noticed the MG42 is not landing any headshots on Begginers 2.

Can someone look into this bug, please?

It's a very useful weapon in the game but it's completely useless like this.

Thanks

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ins4ne said:

Hey

It's done on purpose, mg is useful even without headshots.

I disagree with that, it's pretty useless now. 

Imagine disabling headshots on any other weapon and still call it useful, I mean, seriously? 

2 hours ago, Masa_1964 said:

I think it just okay now cause that MG42 hs hitting was a bug. 

No, that's not accurate. 

MG42 has a bug when being played as a covert ops (no recoil, high accuracy) but this doesn't happen with any other class. 

So you're pretty much nerfing the weapon needlessly because of one class using the weapon.

This server has had that bug for at least the 7 years I've been playing there. Why are we only looking at this as a problem now? What changed?

Isn't there a way to just block cvops from picking up MG42s instead of ruining the weapon?

Anyway @RendeL had advised that it was no longer allowed for people to use MG42 as covert ops, doesn't this pretty much solve the issue?

Disabling the mg hs was first step, after that came the rule.

But also for more fluent gaming we decided to keep it this way, ppl tend to make the camp near obj and mg is one of the weapons that do make it difficult for attacking team to get obj done, so even without hs ability, mg is strong weapon more than enough. Add to that, that defending team mostly is getting stacked or as defenders, obj is easy to block, atleast I wanted to do this small, yet almost useless effort to balance the power abit.

• Like 1
  • 100 2

Alright I see where you're coming from but I don't believe the MG42 deserved this downgrade. Specially when a bunch of different weapons are still too powerful (flamethrower exploit, excessive artillery, medics with pssh) and some perhaps not enough (rifle grenade).

Have you noticed any improvement in the balance of defending/attacking teams since this was implemented? I wouldn't be able to tell in all honesty.

12 minutes ago, PHNTM said:

Alright I see where you're coming from but I don't believe the MG42 deserved this downgrade. Specially when a bunch of different weapons are still too powerful (flamethrower exploit, excessive artillery, medics with pssh) and some perhaps not enough (rifle grenade).

Have you noticed any improvement in the balance of defending/attacking teams since this was implemented? I wouldn't be able to tell in all honesty.

I wont be commenting on other weapons now, as mg is the topic here. Considering the hs is off now, I can tell it is much easier to encounter an mg user than before, so I take it as an improvement for attacking team. Not much, but like I said, some.

• Like 1

I've only mentioned the other weapons as you've justified the changes to the MG42 based on trying to balance how challenging it is to attack/defend. I only meant other weapons also have a considerable weight on this power balance, obviously some more than others depending on the map. It just surprises me the MG42 was singled out of all these weapons and had something so fundamental to the game taken away from it. I'm sure you understand this. 

Anyway, I hope you don't start taking away headshots from our stens and mp40s soon 😂

24 minutes ago, PHNTM said:

Anyway, I hope you don't start taking away headshots from our stens and mp40s soon 😂

Maybe ppsh 😉

• Like 1
  • Love 1