Console behaviour

tammoc
Go to solution Solved by phir0x,

Hi, I am having an issue after starting up the console. When I enter "/" on the prompt the console dissapears and I have to press "~" again to bring the console back up again. The console keeps on dissappearing that way until I enter a different character like "u". So when I click "u" and than delete "u" again I can enter "/" and the console won't dissapear. I can only than start complete the command I want to insert.

Does anyone knows if and how this can be fixed?

• Surprise 1

• Solution
Posted (edited)

I had a similar issue in the past. For me the keyboard layout was set to US Qwerty International, I then changed it to US Qwerty which seemed to have solved the issue for me 

image.png.e66130b27b12b96342de4dca500dfd6b.png

Edited by phir0x
  • Like 4
  • 100 5

5 minutes ago, phir0x said:

I had a similar issue in the past. For me the keyboard layout was set to US Qwerty International, I then changed it to US Qwerty which seemed to have solved the issue for me 

image.png.e66130b27b12b96342de4dca500dfd6b.png

same issue, worked for me also 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had the same issue. Switching to US QWERTY like @phir0x suggests solved the problem for me. Alternatively you can try opening the console with Shift+Escape instead of Tilde (~), this should fix the issue as well to my knowledge.

• Like 2
  • 100 2

Posted (edited)

Great, just switching to United States International solved it and Shift +Escape works also fine. Dealing with this issue for ages, thanks a mil!

Edited by tammoc
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 100 2

Ohh yeah i know that problem if you press ctrl and shift together it will be solved 👌👌😁 atleast thats what works for me 😁