Can't join Beginner #2 Server (FlatPak ET-Legacy)

fetz

I am on latest arch release, NVIDIA proprietary drivers, pulseaudio.

Getting the following error:

recursive error 'dllEntry failed (2)' after: dllEntry failed (2)
tty]Gtk-Message: 15:12:24.792: Failed to load module "xapp-gtk3-module"
Gtk-Message: 15:12:24.792: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

I've installed the libcanberra package with Pacman, but did not help my problem .

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Platinum VIP

Sorry dude, I can't help as I run on windows 11

I couldn't provide usefull help :(

This kind of problem is the reason I don't dare to move to linux. It's a great os that is light and fast and don't show thousands of notifications but unfortunately, games run on windows.

I know it's possible to run ET on linux but I never tried myself.

I did some research on the forums. and this first line of error gave me this thread. As a windows user this is what i have to rely on 😄

And then asking if you have installed 64bit or 32bit versions? need to have 32-bit version for silent servers. But i have heard 64-bit version is option too, but need to do some trick that i do not know now.

3 hours ago, Tukkonen said:

I did some research on the forums. and this first line of error gave me this thread. As a windows user this is what i have to rely on 😄

And then asking if you have installed 64bit or 32bit versions? need to have 32-bit version for silent servers. But i have heard 64-bit version is option too, but need to do some trick that i do not know now.

Yea, I thought that was the problem... but lo and behold, the "RECRUITING" server (which I play on) and the BEGINNERS #2 server are both 32 bit servers. My client is a 64 bit client, although I have tried with the 32 bit client as well... to no avail.

If anyone has any other suggestions, let me know. Until then, I'll be fragging you guys on the RECRUITING server. There's a couple games I want to play that are Windows only... so I've been meaning to repartition my drives for a dual-boot setup soon. Really, just want to get a bigger SSD first. In the meantime, I'm really stuck on Linux. I'm so used to it for my development environment... and all of my servers run Linux etc. It would mess up my workflow to switch to Windows soley.

Edited by fetz

Okay, i just remembered some dll file was missing on 64-bit installations and getting it would fix on windows.

Anyhow i googled a bit, and found some topic where user could join other mods, but not in silent. Error in the was similiar to yours "recursive error 'dllEntry failed (0)' after: dllEntry failed (0)". Just zeros instead of 2's. And solution was to preload libraries.

Quote from there:

"I encountered some very old topics about nvidia proprietary driver having issues with linking so preloading libraries was a workaround which in the end fixed my issue.

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libXext.so.6 etl

After starting et like that and loading silent mod all libraries were loaded properly:"

But i do not know how to preload those for testing xD

I hope some linux guru comes and is able to solve this.

• 2 months later...

I have exact same problem when trying to join Beginners 2, I use Ubuntu Linux, all other servers run fine, so it must be something with the server settings I suppose.

First of all - 64 bit ETL will work only with 64 bit mods, which are currently legacy and etjump.

Does Silent1 server work without issues? It has same mod as beg2, but it uses newer etlded. No idea if server version can cause issues like that, but perhaps we could contact ETL devs if nothing else helps

• Like 1

from the etlegacy official wiki:
https://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy/wiki/FAQ

• Running silEnT mod on Linux with Nvidia proprietary drivers requires preloading libXext.so.6 i386 library.
    • Debian-based distros:
$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install libxext6:i386
$ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libXext.so.6 ./etl.x86

$ sudo pacman -S lib32-libxext
$ LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libXext.so.6 ./etl.x86

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1