ET advice

Rengoku

• Platinum VIP
6 minutes ago, Rengoku said:

quesiton a gaming keyboard is really a game changing experience ? i am thinking of getting one , perhaps a Hyper X alloy or maybe a corsair k70 ?

I would say not really, probably not as much as you think. I would suggest a good gaming mouse, that would be a game changing experience. Maybe even a good set of headphones if you don't already have some! 

i have a corsair virtuoso headset  ;D, but my mouse i guess is really old a hyper x pulsefire bought it most of all for the RGB haha guess i need an update , but  i do play from a laptop i think a wireless keyboard might give me a bit of hmm better posture ? 

• Like 1

Well, in the keyboard department, its all about what your preferences are with things like how fast the keyboard translates information to your computer, the size/feel of the keyboard, and of course your price range, I used to have a corsair keyboard, it was amazing, until I spilt a drink on it and broke it, but I've linked some good keyboards below ranging all in price range, from 60$-200$, hope these help! 

NZXT Keyboard Builder (Allows you to build your own keyboard, whatever switches, colors, keycaps etc)

Corsair K65 60% Keyboard (50$ - GREAT DEAL)

Steel Series Apex 5 (80$ - ANOTHER GREAT DEAL)

Asus ROG Azoth (199$)

• Like 2
  • 100 1

• Platinum VIP
1 minute ago, Rengoku said:

i have a corsair virtuoso headset  ;D, but my mouse i guess is really old a hyper x pulsefire bought it most of all for the RGB haha guess i need an update , but  i do play from a laptop i think a wireless keyboard might give me a bit of hmm better posture ? 

Yesssss ok then I would say a keyboard would give you better posture for sure. I was unaware that you played on a laptop. A keyboard would probably do you some good, playing with laptop keyboard imho is very hard!

• Like 1

i work from homes soo a full keyboard wilbe great (work in accounting use numbers)  but also it takes alot of space from the desk ... hmm but i guess a 60 % could give me that portable thing just in case i travel also hahahah its all so complicated hahahahha , and mouse ? which one do you recommend? 

• Inactive Member

IMO, keyboard make zero impact, mouse + settings is important on the other hand, i just bough razer viper pro ultimate and its a blast, must tweak some windows, mouse and in game settings and i am sure it will shoot for me 😄

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Playing nowadays on a gaming laptop which is definitely not advisable keyboard wise 😄 Tho I have to say that keyboard makes surprisingly little difference, your hands can get used to anything really. 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Well if I can give you another option here

You can have a keyboard with only what you need to play ET, then, they are keyboard with only the keypad so it wouldnt take much place just like you said before and since you accountant, it will help haha

Buying both isnt really expensive

Other thing, keyboards wont really affect how you move ingame, it will be with the mouse that you will see changes on how you aim and stuff

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rengoku said:

quesiton a gaming keyboard is really a game changing experience ? i am thinking of getting one , perhaps a Hyper X alloy or maybe a corsair k70 ?

Gaming Keyboards i do feel are over rated..........However

I have used a Zboard Fang for playing ET and most other FPS games for the past 15+ years, its by far better than using a keyboard as everything is in easy placement.

You can't buy the fangs now as they are proper old school but you can buy newer and probably better ones which look awesome.

My fang, old and obsolete (like me), had to make my own drivers for it to even be seen in windows 11.... But it is very good and i'd be lost without it

fang.jpg

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Love 1
  • Surprise 2

just depends on what your used too.   its not really a game changer . but going from 10 20 dollar ones too 100 too 200 dollar ones does  make a noticeable diff. in response time.  an comfort . but mostly a good gaming keyboard is just more dependable. last  way longer. an not near as much ghosting. now a  good monitor and a very good mouse will make way more difference.

i have  used steelseries and razer  products. an i liked the steelseries  better than razer for keyboards.!

this is the one im thinking on trying out next.

https://www.newegg.com/p/0GA-00C1-00213?Item=0GA-00C1-00213

• Like 1
  • 100 1