WhoIsYou harrassing player on our servers

Diabolical Seal

I was an FA once upon a time (around 2017-18 i think?) before taking a break for personal reasons, but I've been hopping back on the recruiting servers (specifically on Day of Infamy) and mostly everyone is cool and respectful -- sidenote, just today, I had some of the best games I've ever played in this game on this server with a plethora of other players who did extremely well, despite some of their inexperience. Nothing in this post is against Fearless Assassins, y'all have fostered a good community of excellent players -- Every once in a while, though, a player I only know as "WhoIsYou" and "ChinaTown" (can confirm that this is the same player cause I've only muted one person in my entire time playing this game, and it was this same person) After being repeatedly and incredibly rude to newer players on the FA Recruiting Server, as well as insulting any other players they seem to see as "worse" than them, I decided to inform them that this attitude is unacceptable in this space, and while my words may have been rather harsh, this player was exceptionally rude and I have long since removed the FA tag from my steam profile, so this was more of a social correction than anything else.  In turn, they have decided that it's appropriate to follow me to any server I go into and teamkill me as much as possible, including the Fearless Assassin server(s).

While I wouldn't normally make a post about this, I both met this rude player and have, on multiple occasions, seen them in y(our) servers, and thought it might be good to know that such a player is floating around in the playspace. Not only is it not anyone's fault but that specific player's, but it is also not your collective responsibility to gatekeep or police players who may or may not float into your servers. Again, I simply wish to make the existence of this player known. This is the only player I've encountered in several years of playing this game who was willing to go to such lengths over a simple petty grudge. And since this is a game that only ever has between 20-60 players afaik, I like to think I'm at least a little bit responsible for the health of the community.  So uh, yeah. Watch out for that player I guess. They're ruining the game for the rest of us, and that really sucks cause I'd love to get more and more players in the servers. 

Thanks yall, have a good one!

• Thanks 2

• Leader
6 hours ago, Diabolical Seal said:

I was an FA once upon a time

Your profile shows you in the "Inactive Member" group and that your admin level as still 11, "Trial Member".  

If you still have your level 11 on the server, then you can take "appropriate action".  Just be sure to gather evidence.

I have brought your post to the attention of the DOI Leadership, and they might be able to restore your former Group (if you agree).  You can then post any evidence in the Private Clan Forums, which will let these scoundrels be known to all! :mad:

Edited by RedBaird
typo!
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

https://discord.com/channels/325403318291791873/455013325034487824/1143572603605356554

I consider this solved.

@Carbonautics enabled the votekick again.

see message above.

• Thanks 1