Sypher's computer crashed

*Sypher*

Hello dear friends,

Bad new coming up.

My norton anti-virus gave a general warning about the safety of my computer.

There was something wrong in running the updates, but it wasn't able to fix.

Also, since yesterday afternoon my pc has crashed several times.

At once in could shut down and reboot by it's self.

This was very strange to me, because my pc had crashed before like this, and there were loads of Trojans in it by then.

But since today, my pc is dead.

It even can't open the main page, it fails after the BIOS-Menu.

It does give a warning that something is wrong and give me the option to:

1. Just start the pc

2. It might be a crash in software/hardware, so I can restore the old config to solve the problem, and then start up.

3. Enter the save modus

I tried all 3, but at all 3, my pc failed.

After I select an option, it seems like some kind of hackers is playing pacman with me.

The whole screen just turns into a kind of pacman map. (I think it looks like it, not 100% but ok)

There are all kind of colloured figures and lamps on the screen, and then it doesn't do anything at all.

So for now I can't look anything up like which programs my pc starts up during booting or which programs are running on the pc.

All I have is my laptop to ask you questions.

Please help me :(

Click to watch the startup programs

Please give as much detailed information about every screen you see, including exact error messages.

Also, to provide further assistance, we need to know what kind of computer you have, the parts in it, and what operating system it has (what version of Windows).

If you have a legit version of Norton, and have the CD for one of the newer versions (2010 at least), I know you can boot from the CD to scan your computer for viruses.

Depending on the brand of your computer, or if it was prebuilt, you will have several different options available to you, but until we know more, we don't want to get your hopes up just yet.

Edit: Side note; Dare just made an announcement about having videos and music in your signature. You might want to check it out.

If the computer has completely frozen after attempting to boot into Windows, when you try to press the Caps Lock key, the indicator light will not come on letting you know that your PC has become unresponsive.

If when you boot your computer, it shows the Windows Loading screen, then goes to this other screen you're talking about (seeing it would help), your computer is still working, it's just that something is getting in the way.

You will probably receive an error message if you try to bring up the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del or Ctrl + Shift + Esc), if so, the virus is preventing access from that through a change in the registry.

Since you were able to create a list of programs that start up with your computer, I'd imagine that you are able to mostly use the computer, it's just irritating to do so?

Once again, please provide a detailed description of every screen that you encounter.

If the computer has completely frozen after attempting to boot into Windows, when you try to press the Caps Lock key, the indicator light will not come on letting you know that your PC has become unresponsive.

If when you boot your computer, it shows the Windows Loading screen, then goes to this other screen you're talking about (seeing it would help), your computer is still working, it's just that something is getting in the way.

You will probably receive an error message if you try to bring up the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del or Ctrl + Shift + Esc), if so, the virus is preventing access from that through a change in the registry.

Since you were able to create a list of programs that start up with your computer, I'd imagine that you are able to mostly use the computer, it's just irritating to do so?

Once again, please provide a detailed description of every screen that you encounter.

I have tried to get as much information as possible, but everytime my resets itself or gets frozen.

Everytime rebooting, my pc fails, or gets frozen after BIOS.

The time I found startup programs, I probably was just lucky.

I'll keep trying but I can't say anything for sure.

Just after I had finished the list of startup files, the pc had frozen again.

I got the information while my pc did succesfully boot in Save Modus.

This time it didn't do anything unnormal actually, but later on, it did do abnormal again.

So once I see screens which are worth it, I'll post them.

I hoped I could get through Save Modus once more for 10 minutes to run Anti-Malware. (I downloaded it on the laptop and saved it on USB-Stick)

But that would work...

Now I'm going to try to run my anti virus through BIOS.

I don't have any experience with it, but it's worth a try I think.

I guess that something is wrong in my hardware, probably my video cart is broken.

This is not a strange thing, since my computer can't cool itself. (The cooling systems blows hot air against the wall, so the hot are can't escape.

I'll open my computer by tonight.

• 4 weeks later...