Jaymod - Wide Screen - F|A RECRUITING XP SAVE

Blunt

So I tried playing F|A RECRUITING XP SAVE Jay Mod 108.61.18.110, it was a lot of fun however, had an issue with wide screen support which I am guessin is a Jaymod issue.  So usually when this happens I just run the following script, followed by vid_restart;

seta r_aspectratio 1
seta r_customaspect 1
seta r_mode -1
set r_fullscreen 1
set r_picmip 0

seta r_customwidth 1920
seta r_customheight 1080

I got a script error command unrecognized and nothing changed.   So then I tried to manually enter in just the width & height with a vid_restart and still didn't work.   Am I doing anything wrong?  Should I just delete my Jaymod folder and let it re-download (maybe corrupt, haven't been on jaymod in years)?

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, AnG3L said:

Sorry hide my response.

No worries - All Good. Just want to share that pk3 cleaner is not solution to all. In this particular case, we need to fix his config.

31 minutes ago, Blunt said:

Screen resolution 1920 x 1080

Native 2.60b, not legacy

go to et.exe shortcut Properties and in Target section try to add this: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1920" +r_customheight "1080" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart

Edited by Siwex89
  • 100 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Siwex89 said:

+set com_hunkmegs "768

That will throttle his RAM if he only got 8GB RAM and other apps open. For ETL 512MB is good and ET 256MB. Curious to know.. how does u used hunkmeg looks like?  For Ex: 

image.png

• Like 1

I've got 32GB of RAM and it doesn't bother me but you are right, it should be lower for players with less RAM

It looks like this :

Beztytuu2.png.cd608572eab409354ed9f974c7b36233.png

Edited by Siwex89

So I got the in game to set correctly, but the Limbo menu is stretched.  See pic the circles should be round.   However, not sure I care enough to do any further troubleshooting.  Game play is really all that matters.

Looking right now at the screenshot of r_custom settings I see r_custom is set to 800.  Could that be the limbo menu stretch screen issue?

widthheightsettings.png.22aec9e5b79e25bbe4a2c990270a2e32.png

etwide.png.2283c8982c3a157ac4d9b275ac6c9261.png

1 hour ago, Blunt said:

So I got the in game to set correctly, but the Limbo menu is stretched.  See pic the circles should be round.   However, not sure I care enough to do any further troubleshooting.  Game play is really all that matters.

Looking right now at the screenshot of r_custom settings I see r_custom is set to 800.  Could that be the limbo menu stretch screen issue?

widthheightsettings.png.22aec9e5b79e25bbe4a2c990270a2e32.png

Huh r_customerheight and r_custom are not commands, how did you get them to appear in your console o.o

Old timer tricks, lol.  If you are in the console, type in the beginning of a setting/command then press tab; for example I typed r_custom <then TAB key> and got those 5 settings.  If I typed in r_ only I would get like 40 returns.  Most people use it to remember command syntax or check if a setting took. 

• 100 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Blunt said:

Old timer tricks, lol.  If you are in the console, type in the beginning of a setting/command then press tab; for example I typed r_custom <then TAB key> and got those 5 settings.  If I typed in r_ only I would get like 40 returns.  Most people use it to remember command syntax or check if a setting took. 

No what he is saying is - r_customerheight -> That command doesn't exist. U will have the cvar in your config. It's not required and will not do anything. 

3 hours ago, RASHOMON said:

Huh r_customerheight and r_custom are not commands, how did you get them to appear in your console o.o

You can add new commands in config and it will show up in console 😄  Stupid, i know lol 

11 hours ago, Blunt said:

I know about that lol but I wondered how invalid commands still made their way into the console but @daredevil explained it, had no idea you could have improper commands still show up in the console. Delete them from your cfg anyway 😛