Make sure you update Google Chrome!! YOU ARE AT RISK

BeefYT

• Leader
1 hour ago, BeefYT said:

Your good. 

Each time that you post about an update here, I open Chrome, go to settings and open "about Chrome", where it seems to already be updating. 😄 

2 hours ago, RedBaird said:

Each time that you post about an update here, I open Chrome, go to settings and open "about Chrome", where it seems to already be updating. 😄 

It's best to leave chrome on auto update. personally i don't use it. For several reasons really but 80% of PC owners most likely do have and use chrome why i let everyone know. 

To many other better browsers than chrome. 

• Leader
8 hours ago, BeefYT said:

It's best to leave chrome on auto update

I think that mine is also on auto-update, since by the time that I get to the 'update' tab after I open it, it is already updating!  😄

I have not actually found the 'auto-update/manual-update' control, though. :?: 

4 hours ago, RedBaird said:

I think that mine is also on auto-update, since by the time that I get to the 'update' tab after I open it, it is already updating!  😄

I have not actually found the 'auto-update/manual-update' control, though. :?: 

By default you should be on auto update and i believe it's under preferences but i haven't looked into it.. I don't use chrome at all just know how to exploit old versions xD 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dimo4ka said:

he-he guys, just use The Onion Router (Tor) and stay safe :)

Doesn't always work just cuts the audience of people that can attack you by a substantial amount and it takes more time. Best way you can stay safe is staying up to date with everything, Only download credited apps with good active developers, check to see what ports you have open and what is listening on them ports and learn to run manual virus checks. No ones ever safe on the internet all you can do as a consumer is make an attackers life extremely difficult but everything is hackable. 

And if your ever not sure on an email or a download open it in a contained envoironment (such as a vm) check and clarify it's safe and then action it. (But this quickly turns into malware analysis and that's hard work for people that have no idea what to look for and can't read or write code.) 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BeefYT said:

Doesn't always work just cuts the audience of people that can attack you by a substantial amount and it takes more time. Best way you can stay safe is staying up to date with everything, Only download credited apps with good active developers, check to see what ports you have open and what is listening on them ports and learn to run manual virus checks. No ones ever safe on the internet all you can do as a consumer is make an attackers life extremely difficult but everything is hackable. 

And if your ever not sure on an email or a download open it in a contained envoironment (such as a vm) check and clarify it's safe and then action it. (But this quickly turns into malware analysis and that's hard work for people that have no idea what to look for and can't read or write code.) 

hey mate) knowledge of the code isw absolutely not necessary/ but it can perfectly protect you from mailware, AD, other scripts. Its just that if you need security and safe, then its better to sit for an hour in the TOR manual and configure it to itself. Its better than sitting and waiting for something) Stay safe online ;)

On 12/6/2022 at 9:11 PM, Dimo4ka said:

he-he guys, just use The Onion Router (Tor) and stay safe :)

To be honnest there is no browser that will  keep you safe on the web, nor TOR, nor VPNs....

I would add that antiviruses have their limits.

It begins with our own  consciousness and what we do on the web.

Here for reference, some infected ET Legacy payloads added to real binary for educational purpose only, sometimes almost undetectable, that I have done to make a demonstration in this topic:

Always check the integrity of any file or any application, and DL it from the original source.

TOR or VPNs will never protect you from any threat, but maybe protect your privacy in some ways.

5 hours ago, Dimo4ka said:

its just all not everyone knows where its safe and where its not :( and then problems appear. 

Only your Consciousness can save you.

You have to know or to ask where to go, and ask some reputation databases third party if a file or a website is safe :

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

Edited by GHARIB
  • Like 1
  • 100 2

25 minutes ago, GHARIB said:

To be honnest there is no browser that will  keep you safe on the web, nor TOR, nor VPNs....

I would add that antiviruses have their limits.

It begins with our own  consciousness and what we do on the web.

Here for reference, some infected ET Legacy payload added to real binary for educational purpose only, sometimes almost undetectable, that I have done to make a demonstration in this topic:

Always check the integrity of any file or any application, and DL it from the original source.

TOR or VPNs will never protect you from any threat, but maybe protect your privacy in some ways.

Only your Consciousness can save you.

You have to know or to ask where to go, and ask some reputation databases third party if a file or a website is safe :

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

new types of viruses, etc. are hidden from everyone and its very difficult to catch them. Even complitely safe-site can contain third-party software. VPN never protect you! Forget it! If you need to hide yourself, you need to change all settings, use proxy etc. This is so long process. It's also useless to check the structure, malware can be just a line of code in a separate file and so on (I have across such software while working on the one project). Some google play apps contain infected programs and so on. As for TOR,, i just said it because it can disable scripts, block windows, bootloaders, network breaks and so on :) Just important to deal with him)

Its completely impossible to protect yourself :(

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dimo4ka said:

new types of viruses, etc. are hidden from everyone and its very difficult to catch them. Even complitely safe-site can contain third-party software. VPN never protect you! Forget it! If you need to hide yourself, you need to change all settings, use proxy etc. This is so long process. It's also useless to check the structure, malware can be just a line of code in a separate file and so on (I have across such software while working on the one project). Some google play apps contain infected programs and so on. As for TOR,, i just said it because it can disable scripts, block windows, bootloaders, network breaks and so on :) Just important to deal with him)

Its completely impossible to protect yourself :(

Will always be impossible to stay safe mate. TOR works against hackers that have a very limited skill set. For someone thats experienced it doesn't take long. I could probably catch up with some just running the TOR service in little amounts of time. Proxy chaining on the other hand can keep you hidden if you play to knowledge. For example if i wanted to attack a US based network/server i would push my traffic through a VPN for the encryption to proxies based in China,  Russia etc. The chances of me being found are incredibly low. 99% of the time i browse the web in a contained envoirnment (VM) think at the moment i have 10 VM's on my main PC. At the first sign of a breach i burn the VM. That's how i stay safe. Running a good anti virus helps mitigate the pool of malware on the internet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BeefYT said:

Will always be impossible to stay safe mate. TOR works against hackers that have a very limited skill set. For someone thats experienced it doesn't take long. I could probably catch up with some just running the TOR service in little amounts of time. Proxy chaining on the other hand can keep you hidden if you play to knowledge. For example if i wanted to attack a US based network/server i would push my traffic through a VPN for the encryption to proxies based in China,  Russia etc. The chances of me being found are incredibly low. 99% of the time i browse the web in a contained envoirnment (VM) think at the moment i have 10 VM's on my main PC. At the first sign of a breach i burn the VM. That's how i stay safe. Running a good anti virus helps mitigate the pool of malware on the internet. 

Yeap, VM is very useful thing, i use it myself especially when i do tests. Well, if it concerns work, you don't even have to use antivirus. Everything can be tracked by outgoing and incoming packets, if you know how it works. I do not believe in anonimity and inviolability on the network, everything is already too open. We just have to deal with the consequences. Especially when working on projects and when secret data is stupidly uploaded to GIT XXDDDDDDDDD. Now everything is really monitored, and security packages lose their relevance every 2-3 weeks. But just using TOR for quite a long time, at least i had fewer problems

Edited by Dimo4ka

15 minutes ago, Dimo4ka said:

Yeap, VM is very useful thing, i use it myself especially when i do tests. Well, if it concerns work, you don't even have to use antivirus. Everything can be tracked by outgoing and incoming packets, if you know how it works. I do not believe in anonimity and inviolability on the network, everything is already too open. We just have to deal with the consequences. Especially when working on projects and when secret data is stupidly uploaded to GIT XXDDDDDDDDD. Now everything is really monitored, and security packages lose their relevance every 2-3 weeks. But just using TOR for quite a long time, at least i had fewer problems

Most companies now have it as company policy to make sure tests are run on a clean VM. And .GIT uploads are very much a CTF thing still very existent on CTF's but as far as real world testing goes that practise was fazed out and rectified a long time ago. Companies are starting to realise or at least most that if you are hacked and data gets leaked the fine they receive will cripple the company more than the actual attack itself. 

Why good developers get paid a bunch of money because they can keep the company alive. And the same for any Cyber Security worker we get paid well because we keep businesses safe and alive. And that pay pool is only growing.

• 100 1

• 2 weeks later...