Jay2 Vsays list

Sphalman
Go to solution Solved by RedBaird,

Hey guys,

I'm fighting with Jay2 Vsay list, trying to make some binds.

I have some troubles with these two at the moment:

taunt5
"English mother f***er do you speak it? "
taunt12
"If you wrote in f***ing English I could understand it!"

Here's the link of the official Vsay list. I tried everything but didn't work.

Is there someone that knows the correct word for there two vsays?

• Like 1

• Inactive Member

In case no one know, I suggest to open j2 pk3 that including sounds and try that taunts as you see them on the server or maybe search for different shortcut. I found like this some for myself some time ago :)

• Like 2

• Leader
2 minutes ago, rMks said:

In case no one know, I suggest to open j2 pk3 that including sounds and try that taunts as you see them on the server or maybe search for different shortcut. I found like this some for myself some time ago :)

I did the same several years ago.  My fav is /vsay fun6 (I think?) 

Yes, I just did this on jay2

]/vsay fun6
: =F|A=RedBaird: Thats the way, uh huh i like it, uh huh...

You should be able to add your own text after the 'sound-code', such as /vsay fun6 cha cha cha (I think?)  

The jay3/beg1 sound-pak was changed several years ago, so those codes are different now. :( 

• 100 1

34 minutes ago, rMks said:

I'm totally dumb, but cannot find it in Jaymod folder.

I have something like 10 sounds packs, donno which one is the good one.

Help?

• Leader
  • Solution

"zz_b1_ui_v1.pk3" has the jay3 sounds now

"z_FA_RC3.pk3"     has jay2 sounds

Look for *.voice files in the 'scripts' sub-folder.   You can /vsay "the sound-code-names " to produce the audio
            There are axis and ally *.voice files but the 'extra' vsays are the same in both.  The 'standard voices' for Axis and Allies are the only difference.

I have my copy of WinZip set to open *.PK3 files.  I don't extract the files, but I use notepad to read the *.voice files, which seem to be scripts, with the sound-code and "says what words are in the audio clip."

such as 

raziel
{
    sound/shana/116_tuturu.wav "Tuturu!"

}

which you can invoke with a /vsay raziel in the console.  (In jay2, I believe.)  I will have to go try that right now. 😄 @Raziel

ACK!  It did not work!  :(

This one did work, on jay2, via /vsay mix9

mix9
{
    sound/fa/fa2.wav  "Jump around! Jump up, jump up and get down!"

}

Edited by RedBaird
test failures and successes,
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Leader
5 hours ago, Sphalman said:

Thanks both for the info.

Taunt5 sound is in the pack, but not in the script.

To get it working, I think we should update the links in the pack and then uploade it to the server right?

I suspect that Taunt5 was removed from the Server_sound_script for some reason.  

I believe that the sounds work this way:  We type in "/vsay taunt5" in our ET client, which sends that signal to the server.  If the server has that sound-name in its own sound_script file, then it sends that signal to all the clients to run that sound from their copy of the client sound scripts in the selected pk3.  That means that if the Server Managers want to disable a sound, then they can just edit the server file.  They don't have to force a new download on every client that connects after the change.  

You can see in @rMks's file-pic above, that that would save about a 7mb download to each client for any small change.  That is not a very big download, these days, but it is still a wise system.  It also saves some wear & tear on the download server and its hard drive.  A thousand clients downloading a 7mb file = about 7 gb.  

• Like 2