Im not sure!

Daddy
Go to solution Solved by Valk,

Hello guys, some few minutes ago, i was playing in jay1 in the gold rush map as a engeneering. So, i had killed a lot of enemys with land mines, grenate, dyna etc, after minutes, i have checked my points typed the "alt" and to my surprise, there was empety, after more minutes, i can see some points but with another gun, so, i dont know whats happned, some idea? watch the pictures below

2022-06-04-102341-goldrush-gals.jpg

2022-06-04-102234-goldrush-gals.jpg

2022-06-04-102227-goldrush-gals.jpg

2022-06-04-102218-goldrush-gals.jpg

2022-06-04-102206-goldrush-gals.jpg

2022-06-04-102205-goldrush-gals.jpg

2022-06-04-102200-goldrush-gals.jpg

2022-06-04-102159-goldrush-gals.jpg

2022-06-04-102141-goldrush-gals.jpg

• Solution

Sometimes it could be bugged, a simple solution would be too restart ET or do /reconnect in console. I've had this before and I've also had where it's said I've got 1000+ kills and 1 death. 

I'd say it's a bug.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1

What's supposed to happen on map change is the client and server libraries are unloaded from memory and then reloaded. It was probably written this way because it was easier than writing functions to reset the game state, uses a bit less memory, and may clean up some memory leaks. Sometimes the unloading fails and previous state is retained and leads to weird effects like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cake, i guess that be the problem, im play ET in my old desktop here at my office and at night in my neew notebook in home, and i have feel some thing wrongs with this machine, some time in facebook page, when i'll watch some video, the screen shutoff, and i need to press F5 to restart the page, maybe it can be a memory problem

I have a bit afraid because years ago, i losted my all xps, starting from 0 again ... i cant lost my xp again.

The memory problem I'm talking about is usually within the game not a general computer hardware issue but I can't rule that out as another possible cause.

You can avoid losing your XP by backing up your etkey. It should be in the folder etmain. If you play on silent mod server you will also want to backup silent.dat from the mod folder. Email it to yourself or upload a copy to the cloud somewhere.

16 minutes ago, the cake is a lie said:

You can avoid losing your XP by backing up your etkey. It should be in the folder etmain. If you play on silent mod server you will also want to backup silent.dat from the mod folder. Email it to yourself or upload a copy to the cloud somewhere.

Yep as Cake suggests email them yourself etc, this is a must IMHO.
If you play any nitmod servers you will also want to backup your nkey.dat too.