The CIA's publicly disclosed psychic research, Grille Flame, Stargate, Gateway Experience, what are your thoughts?

spectator

You're thinking of a crystal ball and a Gypsie, aren't you? The CIA sanctioned psychic research over several decades. These are some of the programs I am familiar with. Programs like these would have been thought to be nothing more than fiction, nonsense just a few years ago to the average Joe and Sue. You couldn't convince people no matter how hard you tried that the CIA would even devote time, money, energy into such programs. Yet, I want to say about maybe 10 years ago... Grille flame went public record in the CIA library and then during covid, I want to say... 2 years ago gained more public attention.  You can find documents detailing psychic research in the CIA's public library, thanks to the freedom of information act. 

Some may find it very difficult to entertain the thought of these programs existing, how would one verify psychic phenomena, do they even hold up to scientific rigor, data? Can these programs provide something useful? The CIA's remote viewing program was effective to some extent. Of course I'm not privileged to such information. However I have researched these programs thoroughly and have heard of their success. I know that prior they were using random number generators to try to test telekinesis, Dean Radin is one of those individuals, you can find his work on youtube. He's a renowned physicist.  This also is a window into the "collective consciousness" or "collective unconscious" as termed by psychologist Carl Jung. Also, for Jungians, synchronicity seems to be all but validated through the research of consciousness involving random number generators.  ( I don't want to get too deep along into this research but it is in fact real and being carried out by PHDS in physics...) The CIA was doing such work before Dean Radin but he made it more mainstream in public eye...I think in the 90s?

Also, many underestimate how many people have "strange experiences". Millions of regular Joes and Sues have had actual detailed remote viewing experiences...(I'm in that group.)  However from a scientific perspective, we try to determine the nature of things by finding the mechanism and testing it, to find falsifiability.  What's interesting is that not only have more people have had such an experience than we're willing to admit, but that it has been reported through centuries of human existence. Consider Buddhist monks and  spiritual gurus and such who claim to have OBE or to see the interconnectedness of everything around them.  The nature of consciousness or equally the conscious nature of nature has always been a great scientific, philosophical debate whether or not academics of a certain standing do not care to get involved within that debate.  NDEs, which have been estimated around 5 to 15 percent of the human population, fuel this debate... even after brain death, many experience something beyond "life" as we know it and can measure it.  Brain death and no vitals, was not the end of "awareness" for some individuals in a NDE. Neural scientists have theories, such as residual synaptic activity, but nothing can completely invalidate these experiences yet or entirely disprove their "strange nature". 

I think it was in the late 1800s? That Max Plank first stated that consciousness was the true force behind all matter, he called it a matrix of mind and matter.  This is/ was the granddaddy of quantum mechanics, enter the science of matter, where much like the Buddha it is believed to be a question of mind over matter. These CIA documents absolutely POSITIVELY do not work around this question of mind/ matter, it is absolutely taken into consideration.  The explanation that is given is something called hemi-synch. This is a rather simple yet extremely complex subject, so I won't dive in, but you can read about it in the officially disclosed CIA documents for the Gateway Experience. It's only under certain conditions that hemi synch works and these individuals in the research were trained and placed under certain conditions to "experience" this "thing" that they wrote long wordy explanations for to try to explain.  

However, it may seem bizarre or silly to imagine placing individuals in a room to have a psychic experience, it is akin to simple mediation, or certain drug induced experiences or even the occult that wanted to experiment with different states of consciousness.  I stay away from the occult, there will be no other mention. The point is that before these experiences entered into scientific curiosity, people were already trying to experience these things. For some curious reason our government has been trying to offer scientific explanations to these "silly nonsensical psychic mind powers" for around 70 years now? The cold war is an obvious example of when this research took place. 

Hemi-synch is believed to be able to essentially have a profound influence upon what is being observed and measured. It goes well beyond the observer's influence or the measurement problem. It is has been said, in the CIA documents, to actually be able to even have an influence upon time itself. This is difficult to believe, but the CIA reports that through hemi-synch time travel itself was being researched. 

The nature of consciousness or its role within nature is mysterious but is not a hidden mystery, you can find a wealth of information about the observer's influence and many theoretical physicists absolutely cannot leave the subject alone. 

The idea of psychic mind powers sounds like a horrid B film plot from the 1930s but if you read the documentation of these projects in the CIA public library, it is of the most incomprehensible, rigorous scientific blah...they are so difficult to get through...
They have attempted to offer an explanation for these psychic "visions", but why try to explain something if you do not believe that it exists? The majority of these documents are very wordy, scientific explanations to psychic mind powers that sound like a Star Trek script. 
It's almost as if the CIA did feel that they had enough data to suggest it were perhaps possible to have psychic mind powers and that by explaining the phenomenon they could better validate it all together. 

As someone who has done remote viewing and is capable of hemi-synch, but lacks the knowledge of how it occurs exactly, I am convinced that they did experiment in these things, some of them did have experiences, were totally convinced and that is why they spent billions of dollars to try to find an explanation for those experiences, to see if it could, "fill in the blanks" for them sort of speak... which is precisely what I did around 20 years ago when I first had my "supernatural" experiences.  This is not unheard of... there is a famous theoretical physicist named Michael Talbot who had much of the same interest as I do. He had an OBE experience, which he was convinced of enough to pursue a career to explain it. Sadly he only lived to be 38...

Most individuals in his position, who study the woo woo nature of nature, the quantum, have their preconceptions challenged. I could quote about 4 different physicists I know well and share in this wonder with you but, it's simple enough to say that the nature of reality is something mysterious and wonderous, it is something incredible. 

Edited by spectator
  • Surprise 1