Fullscreen interrupted

gangstan00b

Ciago homies, 

have you ever experienced that you have fullscreen in settings but the game isn't actually on fullscreen. Is there any settings to try in Windows, recommended percent value is now on 125% but I don't want to change it all the time... :)

3 hours ago, gangstan00b said:

Ciago homies, 

have you ever experienced that you have fullscreen in settings but the game isn't actually on fullscreen. Is there any settings to try in Windows, recommended percent value is now on 125% but I don't want to change it all the time... :)

I had the same issue and it got solved with puting value to 100% .  That s what was messing up the screen size. 

You either have to turn off resolution scaling or scale the resolution of ET by a factor of 1/1.25 = 0.8.

I tested this resolution and it seemed to be full screen without any loss:

r_customheight = 0.8*1080 = 864

r_customwidth = 0.8*1920 = 1536

r_mode -1

r_fullscreen 1

During my test, Windows forced my desktop resolution to 1600x900 but when I tabbed out and changed the desktop resolution back to 1920x1080 with 125% scaling, 1536x864 resolution in-game was full screen.

This is a lot of messing about just to have the game stretched to 1080p. I'd recommend turning off resolution scaling instead 😄

• Like 1
  • 100 1

maybe this is a good apprach, on 2nd monitor the fullscreen works, but now I've tired your solution and I hear the intro music but I don't screen of game, only my desktop screen, so I think I have to reinstall ET, any other idea with the resolution, I think it could work...

@gangstan00b

Press alt + enter when you're in game and it will switch to windowed mode, try that before you reinstall. 

The default value is r_mode 4 which is 800x600.

I don't know why it's giving you a black screen, it worked fine for me. I thought you were playing on 1920x1080, is your desktop resolution lower than that? If it is then you have to multiply those values by 0.8 instead of 1920 and 1080 to get the custom width and height.

I have this resolution, so I set in both config in etmain and silent the resolution back to 800 x 600 and r_mode to 4 and it sill doesn't work, weird, so now what file to save to keep profile data, profile.dat file and servercache.dat right and try again after reinstall...

on my pc second monitor wont be same resolution. try  lowering that resolution . on second monitor to below what your playing on your laptop. is the second monitor a tv.  

Edited by captnconcrete

I rather unplug the 2nd monitor when I try something but when I choose "Work on 2nd monitor only" so laptop's monitor is off, the fullscreen works on 2nd monitor and it has the same resolution as laptop monitor

now I go to download ET again and try mess with r_something in config, there could be solution I think, old game for new laptop monitor is not good... haha

ok, almost there, this helped:

20 hours ago, ElEl said:

You either have to turn off resolution scaling or scale the resolution of ET by a factor of 1/1.25 = 0.8.

I tested this resolution and it seemed to be full screen without any loss:

r_customheight = 0.8*1080 = 864

r_customwidth = 0.8*1920 = 1536

r_mode -1

r_fullscreen 1

During my test, Windows forced my desktop resolution to 1600x900 but when I tabbed out and changed the desktop resolution back to 1920x1080 with 125% scaling, 1536x864 resolution in-game was full screen.

This is a lot of messing about just to have the game stretched to 1080p. I'd recommend turning off resolution scaling instead 😄

but it is not a full screen yet but close enough, need to add more pixels