Butters Need help with new build questions. PLEASE

EVIL BUTTERS

I just bought a new parts going to build another Puter.  Question is......Should I just clone my 980pro ssd to a new pony and just stick it in the new build?  Or should I fresh install the new build and just put the 980 in the second slot and tranfer files?  I would rather just clone so I would have my old setup on the new machine.  WIll there be issues on the first boot up or it will do all the new drivers for the new componets?  or should i just start from new install and start all over?  thanks for the help.     Old build is 5950x RTX 3090  980 pro 128gigs 3600ddr4.  New build is going to be i9 12th same 3090 pony M.2 64 megs ddr5.  So tell me what to do please.  Peace and SUCK IT ...  Your Pal Butters.....

• Like 1
  • Surprise 2

9 minutes ago, EVIL BUTTERS said:

Old build is 5950x RTX 3090  980 pro 128gigs 3600ddr4. 

🤯🤯🤯

Dam Butters you ballin

I don't know if it really makes a difference but whenever i do a new build I do everything fresh and then just transfer over anything needed

• Like 1

save some fun for the rest of us! ...gonna be a solid rig once put together, post a picture here when done!

Second what asbo stated - in the past I have started fresh and transferred over anything I needed from the old system. I mostly did this out of habit after not trusting to clone my first computer (my itunes library comprised of 98% of songs from limewire). 

If you want to go down the clone route - there shouldnt be any issues with it adjusting to the new components. If your OS is windows, it is pretty good at recognizing the new hardware and applying the updates where needed. Did a quick google search and most folks had no issue with the build recognizing the OS on the cloned drive but in case the motherboard doesnt recognize the activation, they said visit here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/activate-windows-c39005d4-95ee-b91e-b399-2820fda32227 

🤘

• Like 1