Butters is having Ping Issues.......Need Help

EVIL BUTTERS

SInce a couple weeks ago my ping has gone up 30 on Jay1 and Jay2.  Silent has gone up 40.  On the Eruo Server I was always at 200 now I'm 240 to 250.  I'm in Oregon now.  I been here for months now and my ping was consistent at 110 on the J mods and 80 on Silent.  I try to use time nudge it brings it down but it sucks.  Why would this all of a sudden happen?  I have attached some pictures with my lagometer and ping while in game.  It's almost unplayable for me.  I have 1 gig down 39 up.  WOrks fine on other servers I been trying to do comparison.  Old farts server I'm at 80 with no problems on silent.  Please help me .  {Pic1 is when I joining team then Pic 2 is when I started the game.  It' flluxuates between 150 to 170 when it was a perfect 110.  Thanks and FU Butters.  WHen I connect to Jay one without going to jay 2 first I get awaiting connection then awaiting gamestake then awaiting connection again then enters game.  I try  opening game with adminstator.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Platinum VIP
7 hours ago, EVIL BUTTERS said:

Old farts server

3.jpg

Yikes!!! That's about as wrong as it can get.

Normally, I'd say to delete the files in the your Profiles folder in ETmain then join a server and run cvar_restart, reconnect and exec your cfg. I've had that issue ands that was the fix, but at the time, I didn't try other servers to see if the problem followed me. Each mod has it's own Profiles folder so that makes me skeptical that this would work, but it's worth a try. I'd delete all of them on each mod or maybe back up your ETKey, Silent.dat, CFG's and maps in ETMain, uninstall and reinstall ET

And Old Farts server???

Edited by -=HipKat=-

When i join FA servers sometimes i get spikes like that on my lagometer, I have to disconnect and reset my router and re-join its normally fixed after that.

Try closing down all programs that are running in the back ground and play ET see if that makes a difference? something might be hogging bandwidth.

Update windows drivers, your network driver or all drivers or see if there has been a recent update that might be affecting ET performance.

Are you connected with wifi or cabel?

If its issued with wifi try to change in your router the channel maybe in your area the channel is crowded and switch to other channel might solve it.

if its issued with cable you can try an other internet cable.
Try to reconfigurate your router to factory settings and reinstall it.
Try to see if there is new router or modem update you can run.
Enable port or ensure close all other not used port ids

is it one router you use or is there also a repeater or seconde router in between?
Check those settings aswell
if that doesnt the trick
get a cable direct from modem to your computer and run et check if that might work

os? 

restart your modem?

are you sharing your connection with others in the house. 

have u tried the basics . like cleanin out your browser your cookies and all that jazz??? 

maybe time for a save your key  and profile folder and reinstall et.

• 100 1