GPU

MPover

I think my GPU is dead. I got green strips over my monitor. Before that the screen was shaking and disorienting then the monitor was full gray with black strips.

So i thought the monitor is dead at that point so i plugged new one.

On start there are the green strips and i am unable to boot at this point. Windows is starting and then only black screen is there.

Plugging old monitor didnt helped me at all so thats the GPU i guess.IMG_20211129_222834.thumb.jpg.9fb96754a98dbc6a56249569fc7e6c3c.jpg

11 hours ago, MPover said:

I got green strips over my monitor. Before that the screen was shaking and disorienting then the monitor was full gray with black strips.

Same happened to me the other month when my GPU failed.

Lasted 7 years though so cant complain, still waiting on my back order of my new one! This shortage is a joke! I have read that it will normalise by middle of 2022 though 🤞

Well after taking GPU out and cleaning a bit i managed to get into PC. I will see what happens when i run some games. Maybe just bad contact somewhere

• Like 2

i baked once  my gfx card in the oven , after it runned for years . its no joke just google for it

https://lifehacker.com/save-a-dying-video-card-with-a-quick-bake-in-the-oven-5823227

Edited by Gladiator
  • Thanks 1