PING

Feint

hello

I have a problem i can't solve, couple of weeks ago i had on =F|A=RECRUITING normal 128 ping now for some reason is 160, so can anyone help me? cuz i tried everything and nothing seems to work.

cheers.

• Like 1

Hi Feint,

Is the problem constant? Or does your ping jumps between the two values back and forth?

I'd suggest reading these topics and trying some of the things recommended at first, see if it solves the issue:

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Hello everyone :)

Jaymod has it's ups and downs the numbers will fluctuate that 120 to 160 seems to be in the same range 

your probably looking at a misconfiguration in etconfig "there is glitch between etmain and jaymod it self"

cvar_restart;exec yourconfig.cfg;vid_restart <--- change yourconfig.cfg to your file name you might have backed up

best of luck that is the correct way be sure to restart the game using the exit butont not /quit or X exit

I've had the same issue where my ping doubles to 90 but plays like I'm at 300 ping.  Dare helped me track it down and it seems to be an isp issue.  Last time it happened someone that lives near by that also plays on jay1 was having the same issue which sealed the deal that it was the isp/routing to server. I never got around to calling but I think it might have been a "choopla" node (forget the exact name)

It usually lasts between an hour and two weeks.  Run a winmtr and call your isp.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Feint said:

no no u guys dont understand its like server was moved further away from me so i have 30 ping more

I don't think the server has moved from New Jersey though 🤔

But maybe there's something else running on your computer that wasn't before, or it may also come from your internet provider.

Do you have the same increase of ping on the other US servers? Jay2, Silent1, HC?

Edited by Cross Marian
  • Like 1

Just checked jay1 and I'm still having the same issue your having.  Other FA servers are fine.  Has been this way since the last time I played about a month ago.  Guess I'll be looking into it as well now.  I'll let you know what I find out.

Update.  Ran tracert, mtr, and ping plotter.  😑 @daredevil

@FeintTry running the same and see what you come up with.

trace.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Telia peering seems a problem in this case. Please open the ticket at your ISP end. I have also opened a ticket from datacenter side. 

• 100 1