Hey everyone, Fork here

Fork

Glad to be a part of your guys' forum and gaming community. I go by Fork, (strange name I know, I came up with it while playing a different game...I used the "find a random object in your room" method and it seems to be working out pretty well. lol.). I'm a pretty avid PC gamer, I built my PC back in 2007 leaving plenty of room for future expansion to keep up to date with current games. My main game I'm playing right now is obviously Call of Duty: Black ops but I also play other games such as starcraft 2, older call of duty titles, some NHL 11 with a few random titles on Xbox 360. And yes, I'm an ex-WoW player/addict; I used to play the game religiously every day until I gained 40 pounds and turned pale. Wasn't too fun >.<

As far as gaming goes I'm all about being mature and having fun. You always run into the trolls and hackers occasionally, which obviously everyone despises...which really makes me want to be a part of a community that can keep those types of people from ruining our gaming experience. I'm extremely active in Cod:BO at the moment due to obtaining my goal of prestiging for the first time, but I'm sure I'll be putting lots of my free time into it to get to my second prestige as well. So anyone playing on FA servers on PC will be seeing me frequently throughout the normal week.

Other than that, a little more about RL me...I'm 22, currently in college (business major/entrepreneurship) just looking to enjoy myself in my free time when I'm not working or in school. Besides sitting at my computer for hours one of my main hobbies is fishing, not sure why. Just really fulfilling for me I suppose. Other than that I just always try to meet new people and make the best out of whatever I'm doing.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Fork

Hey fork, I'm with you on the fishing too. No matter how stressful or bad your day is, sitting on the shore of a beautiful lake fishing while the sun goes down, you can't ask for a better way to end the day, even if it's shit. Fishing is one of the few activities that i prefer to do by myself.

Edited by RoosterCogburn

Hey fork, I'm with you on the fishing too. No matter how stressful or bad your day is, sitting on the shore of a beautiful lake fishing while the sun goes down, you can't ask for a better way to end the day, even if it's shit. Fishing is one of the few activities that i prefer to do by myself.

Oh absolutely. Someone once told me 'a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work.' What kind of fish do you normally go for? I'm located in Iowa, so the main target game fish in the state are walleyes, bass, catfish, crappie, northern pike and of course muskie.

Most of the time, Im trying to catch catfish. I have a spot in a state park near me that I go to pretty often when its nice out. I set up a chair on the shore and let it sit until something bites. I go right before it gets dark, and a few hours after. If I'm having a bad week, I might putter around on my little aluminum boat trying to catch blue gills or perch. I have tried for walleye but I just can't get them to bite yet. Though I admit, I am a pretty novice fisherman, it is something that I hope I get better at. Saves me money in the long run with all the fish I catch, and one of the best things I know of that can calm me down from certain elements in my life.

btw, Im from michigan. A few lakes around me. Im alittle spoiled with being within 15 minutes from where i normally fish.

Hai Fork, nice to meet you and welcome to the =F|A= Forums :D

ex-WoW addict huh? Aaah I still hate that game :P ex-Runescape addict here haha (15500+ hours spent on that game lol)

Anyways, I'll be getting COD: Black Ops in 12days :] I'll poke you on FA servers, rawr!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Can't wait to see you guys on the battlefield.

I'm glad to see some fellow anglers amongst us. I'm actually heading out here in about an hour to do some trout fishing since the water is now cold enough, and because they stocked a small public lake with 1500 of the suckers yesterday. Wish me luck!

Edited by Fork

Most of the time, Im trying to catch catfish. I have a spot in a state park near me that I go to pretty often when its nice out. I set up a chair on the shore and let it sit until something bites. I go right before it gets dark, and a few hours after. If I'm having a bad week, I might putter around on my little aluminum boat trying to catch blue gills or perch. I have tried for walleye but I just can't get them to bite yet. Though I admit, I am a pretty novice fisherman, it is something that I hope I get better at. Saves me money in the long run with all the fish I catch, and one of the best things I know of that can calm me down from certain elements in my life.

btw, Im from michigan. A few lakes around me. Im alittle spoiled with being within 15 minutes from where i normally fish.

Ahh michigan, I hear there are some killer pike up in those parts. If you're looking to catch walleye, the main technique you can use is the stop and go technique with a curly-tailed jig or small plastic w/a swim tail. Basically you cast it out, wait for it to hit the bottom...then reel it in 3-4 times at medium rate, wait the equal time for it to fall back down to the bottom again, then repeat. It pretty much drops it on right onto their faces and appears to be a wounded creature...you can also catch some nice bass this way too.

Or if you're fishing somewhere where you know there won't be a whole ton of snags, my personal favorite is the rapala original floater, f5 (5 centimeter size) in silver/minnow colored. With that kind of crankbait its simple cast and retrieve, try different speeds to see what they hit on the hardest. You know how fish are, some days they'll be super aggressive and others they're lazy. Best 6 bucks i've ever spent on a piece of fishing tackle, caught a 7 pound walleye with it. Should be able to find one at walmart or any local tackle store.

Edited by Fork