What book are you reading right now?

Blade202

The game is based on the books? Seems nice, I should take a look on it :) 

We had this topic about books, not sure if we still use it 

But in all case nice initiative ;) ( if you agree and you want, I'm sure a staff can merge your recent topic into the last one ) (For Staff, maybe it can be pinned as a principal topic too to see it more? :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeKing said:

The game is based on the books? Seems nice, I should take a look on it :) 

We had this topic about books, not sure if we still use it 

But in all case nice initiative ;) ( if you agree and you want, I'm sure a staff can merge your recent topic into the last one ) (For Staff, maybe it can be pinned as a principal topic too to see it more? :)

Sure

4 hours ago, Blade202 said:

Я пойду первым.

Книга, которую я сейчас читаю, - это метро 2034, продолжение метро 2033, очень интересная серия постапокалиптических книг, и я очень рекомендую ее прочитать.

Is it worth buying Metro 2033, 2034, 2035, what do you think?

5 minutes ago, Vasylich said:

Is it worth buying Metro 2033, 2034, 2035, what do you think?

It is worth buying it, its a rich story and one of the best seller books in russia i belive

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

"The Body Keeps The Score" by Bessel van der Kolk. While this book is meant for psychologists, psychiatrists, psychoanalysts, ... it is very interesting to read if one is interested in how childhood or adolescent trauma may affect the body (and the mind) in the long run. It has a few very interesting, though somewhat appalling statistics. Furthermore, it deepens one's appreciation for mental health and care thereof.

While the author has written it very well and easy-to-read, the subjects addressed are never easy to read regardless of the author's skill to inject humor and wordplay into his work. This book is definitely not the first book to read in terms of self-help if you yourself have been through a lot of ugly things in the past. The book is, after all, meant for the health care providers - not the health care seekers (although it has been marketed as such).The Body Keeps the Score : Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie

(crime book)

I finished this book a while ago. It wasn’t my first book by this author, for sure it isn’t her best, but it’s quite a nice book, you can read in one cooler evening for chill 😊 

6904CE26-4CB9-4123-BEC5-83AE486025D0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

On 11/17/2021 at 6:21 AM, Flible said:

The book is, after all, meant for the health care providers - not the health care seekers (although it has been marketed as such).The Body Keeps the Score : Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma

I bet they are must a dozen of NYT bestsellers for that topic :) libgen.rs them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The most relatable book I've had or will ever have. I honestly don't want to finish reading this, since that would mean I've reached the edge and there's nothing left for me.

"No feeling in the world can lift my head from the pillow where I've let it sink in desperation, unable to deal with my body or with the idea that I'm alive, or even with the abstract idea of life."
--- Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet

IMG_20220326_232021.jpg

• Like 1