MMA corner

yaku

Do we have any MMA fans here?

I thought we could have our place in this topic. Feel free to discuss, add your predictions and comment on live events in real time.

• 8 months later...
10 hours ago, Outlaw23 said:

My favorite as of recently was Jon Jones and Khabib. I felt that they truly mastered martial arts & their records speak for themselves. 

Jon Jones's ability in the octagon was very good, but his problems with drinking, and getting in to trouble a lot with the police, as for Khabib, very good wrestler and okay at striking. 

I liked Brock Lesnar when he was in there, the old McGregor was the best version of Conor. 

when brock first came to ufc what a scary beast. 250 plus and moves like hes 165.   u know brock  was born in webster southdakota  im  from southdakota.  sum thin else neet  he was born july12 1977 i was born june 12  1976.lol

jon jones may be one of the best all time fighters hes very very skilled. 

cant stand connor... 

one things for sure in fighting there will always be sumone tougher.

i like kahbib for one thing .. he shut up connors cocky ass.lol

what about the female fighters sum of them are very fun to watch. 

13 minutes ago, captnconcrete said:

when brock first came to ufc what a scary beast. 250 plus and moves like hes 165.   u know brock  was born in webster southdakota  im  from southdakota.  sum thin else neet  he was born july12 1977 i was born june 12  1976.lol

jon jones may be one of the best all time fighters hes very very skilled. 

cant stand connor... 

one things for sure in fighting there will always be sumone tougher.

i like kahbib for one thing .. he shut up connors cocky ass.lol

what about the female fighters sum of them are very fun to watch. 

Brock is a monster and still is, even in WWE.

• Like 1

Yes, Brock Lesnar for sure is an amazing athlete, fighter, and wrestler. He had no formal MMA training growing up and became the UFC heavyweight champion. Albeit having a short, exceptional run; had he been 100% healthy, who knows how much more he would have done.

• Like 1

Imagine just being around Brock, would be intimidating. I also liked Ronda Rousey when she was undefeated in the bantamweight division, another ex UFC athlete in the WWE, doing well. I'd like to see McGregor in the WWE vs someone like Brock, I would happily pay to see that live, Brock just throwing him around the ring.

19 minutes ago, Outlaw23 said:

Yeah, McGregor would get destroyed. Ronda was good and shouldn't have done movies/other work on the side, I feel that it affected her performance later on. 

He sure would. I think the reason why people go to the movie scene is for the money side also, just look at the Rock, making $20 million or more per film he does, I read something that he worth over $200 million, and that alone would of come from movies.

Yeah, you're absolutely right. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that you need a large fanbase. I remember a study dating from 2019 that stated that only 2% of actors/actresses make a living. Now, this of-course doesn't account for everyone, but it does state the facts for the majority. 

12 hours ago, Outlaw23 said:

Yeah, you're absolutely right. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that you need a large fanbase. I remember a study dating from 2019 that stated that only 2% of actors/actresses make a living. Now, this of-course doesn't account for everyone, but it does state the facts for the majority. 

I guess, I also think it's to do with the amount you're willing to do as an actor/actress. 

Ya, that also creates another point; statistics have value, but they aren't everything. If you want to achieve success, you will do whatever it takes to do that. If you rely on statistics & lose hope easily, you will become just another statistic. 

• 2 months later...

Teixeira vs Prochazka - what a fight that was! 😮

Submission on Glover, holy moly, Jiri is a monster... 18 seconds to end, huge mistake, first time submited... As much as I want to see Prochazka vs Błachowicz now, that I think Glover deserves rematch first.

Shame with Jędrzejczyk tho...

Yep, was a bit gutted for Teixeira as he turned it around towards the last few rounds and had a good chance of winning. Plus he is same age as me so feel it was a shame for us slightly older crew.

Fair play to them both though, was entertaining and a bit bloody.  😄

Edited by Snuffs99