Xbox Resident Evil Village

Dizmal

I have never been very into the Resident Evil franchise but after my brother bought this game for me on my birthday and insisting I play it, I joined the long running hype train of this franchise. If anyone has played through previous RE games and has not yet played this one I would highly recommend it.

Gameplay reminded me a lot of the Last of Us/Last of Us 2, but I enjoyed the story in Village more than I did in either of those games actually thanks to some well placed collectibles that you find along the way further explaining the backstory of what is going on, some pretty terrifying monsters as well as an emphasis on ammo conservation and making your shots count.

Only complaint I have to offer is that the story was not as long as some other AAA titles (about 10-20 hours depending on the player) but if you are looking for a horror game with a good story this may be the one for you 😁

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Yo diz, This post alone made me buy the game. Just wrapped up today. And I can say best resident evil I've played since resident evil 4. Loved the story line, big silent hill vibes. Resident evil games are usually 9-12 hours long. Agreed tons of collectibles to gather, will probably work on infinate ammo for some guns here soon. Played both remakes of 2 and 3 and they did not disappoint either. If you do try another re pick up re:4 its like 5 bucks on steam right now for Capcom summer sale. 

• 100 1

3 hours ago, Magi said:

And I can say best resident evil I've played since resident evil 4

Really? :) I will need to test this one !

I love resident evil since I discover it on Gamecube, with the 1 remake, the resident evil zero, the code veronica,.. 
They take risk with changing the gaming style with RE4 but that was so great, but I was really disapointed with Resident evil after this one. 

I hope The Village is a real RE 😛 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DeKing said:

Really? :) I will need to test this one !

I love resident evil since I discover it on Gamecube, with the 1 remake, the resident evil zero, the code veronica,.. 
They take risk with changing the gaming style with RE4 but that was so great, but I was really disapointed with Resident evil after this one. 

I hope The Village is a real RE 😛 

I loved 5 haha. 6 was ok, 7 was out there.. but a very nice touch of that true eerieness Resident Evil used to be. Once I loaded up 8 it filled in A LOT of blanks on RE 7.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Resident Evil Village is an interesting game and also the new "flagship" of Capcom. The action takes place in Romania in a village in Transylvania. The eighth iteration of the Japanese developer continues the story of Resident Evil 7 continuing with a first person perspective. Appreciate that they do not use cheap tactics to scare the player (such as jumpscares). I really liked the graphics, interesting lights and details and the well done animations. On the gameplay side it works very well that for the most part (at least on me) it made me feel helpless but the sad part is that you get used to enemies at some point. Overall a well-optimized game, but the historical accuracy of certain architectures in Transylvania leaves much to be desired. A good game overall. 

• Like 1

I would have to say the Resident Evil series are the best survival horror games ever made.  I have played almost all of them starting with the very first one.  Since your post Dismal I am gonna have to get The Village,  have seen videos and screen shots of it and thought it reminded me of Resident Evil 4 where you start out in this little Spanish village.  

resident evil umbrella GIF

• Like 1
  • 100 1