Tokyo Olympics 2021

mraw435

After being forced to wait a year - really looking forward to the upcoming summer Olympics (July 23). Figured I'd start a topic and see who else is interested!

Drama has already started with Team USA Track and Field with sprinter Sh'Carri Richardson being suspended for one month after testing positive for marijuana. Richardson ran a superfast 100m during the Olympic Trials (10.86s) and was expected to make it far in the event. Currently Richardson's ban is scheduled to end 2 days after the women's 100m event. 

Events I will definitely be watching: track and field, triathlon, cycling (all events)

My one friend during the Olympics.: meme

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A third athlete (a rower) tested positive for COVID-19...hopefully all of the events will be able to be held! Going to be weird to see a limited number of spectators. 

• Platinum VIP

Yo Mraw !

Olympics are always great to watch. Will defintly have it running in the background. Not following anything particular except track and fiels and cycling ! 

Hope everything will happen as usual and not too many top athletes will withdraw from it

• 100 1

Unfortunately this year's Olimpics without fans, can't say I will enjoy it.

But I'm looking forward for polish volleyball team.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Get your party hats ready - we have entered the *2020* Summer Olympics!

While there will be no fans and a good number of athletes have unfortunately contracted COVID - soccer/football and softball have started and the official opening ceremony is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCbpKMRO-mg

Full Schedule: https://www.nbcolympics.com/full-schedule

🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

• Like 1

And it's on! First matches are already down, some of our Dutch rowing teams already qualified for the finals. Somehow on the Olympics i watch EVERYTHING i can, while usually not that interested in most of these sports..it's just the magic of the Olympics. I'm always surprised to see how these events unite countries and how this works on my eh usually mostly absent patriotism. 

Mostly looking forward to the cycling. Starting with the Men's road race tonight! Curious to see how ambiance will turn out with all the COVID-measures..total of 19 positives already :( 

ENJOY and do remind yourself to put on Olympics while playing ET..always love some distracted enemies.

Just finished watching one of my favorite events - the triathlon was awesome and raced in tough conditions (temps over 80F/27C and over 70% humidity).

Blummenfelt from Norway came in for gold finishing the run segment at around 4:40 min/mile pace!

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP
15 hours ago, mraw435 said:

ust finished watching one of my favorite events - the triathlon

Did you see the false start ? Scary !!

1 hour ago, Dju said:

Did you see the false start ? Scary !!

super nerve-wracking! To think I was nervous of getting hit in the face by other swimmers in prior races....let alone being run over by a boat!

Clip of the false start: 

• Like 1