Account and XP restoration

patsnats

Hello
Is there a way to restore my XP to the point where it used to be? My SSD short-circuited which prompted me to lose all my files and data.
My in-game name is Pats and i have gametracker showing stats right here: image.thumb.png.f1fe6daa8c14ce56b6fc08af6f5d37ac.png

This one depends. If you store etkey anywhere other than on this drive then yes. When asking did you make a backup?

What exactly happened to the disk? Is windows system dead/crash? Was the drive subjected to a short circuit? Why was the disk shorted?

• 100 1

As stated without your ETKey or silent.dat etc its not AFAIK possible to recover your XP.

Problem with SSD's is they are a bit easier to fry and kill than the older mechanical drives, even on really badly damaged mechanical drives there is always a fighting chance you can recover some if not all the data.

I assume as it was short circuited its as dead as a dodo and not showing up in disk manager etc? Not much you can do if you cant see the drive etc.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • 100 1

No backups were made and yes SSD died completely. I accidentally fried it myself with a new PSU.
also nothing was saved from the old game, but thank you anyways

• Sad 2

• Leader

If you had to re-install ET, then you must have a different W:ET/pb guid now.  That GUID is generated by the 'etkey' file in your etmain folder.

If you had a backed up copy of that, then you could just put it into your etmain folder and the server would show your old XP (if you have not been absent for more than a month).

You should copy the 'etkey' file from your wolfenstein ... 'etman' folder to somewhere off of your computer, in case a similar disaster occurs in the future. :( 

If you ever play on Silent-mod servers, you should to the same for the 'silent.cat' file in your Silent folder.

• Like 1
  • 100 2