Recent Lag Issues

mextor

Hi guys, recently i've been having these weird lag spikes on FA servers. I randomly get 250 to 300 ping and it stays like that for a while. I usually go to spec or stop playing when it hits because it takes a map or two to get back to 50. I've noticed that other people are also having this issue and there are some posts about it. I've seen Spingarde, bam!, a spanian guy and ottoman so far with the same issue. We both live in Antalya with ottoman and we've had these lag spikes at the same time for like 3 times in a row. I was thinking that we were having an issue with our internet providers but thats not the case as people from other countries are also having it. It doesn't happen in only ET, i also get the same lag spikes in insurgency sandstorm. There might be an issue that should be looked into from server side. First time i got it i tried everything i could think of. Restarting ET, my PC, my whole internet (dont have stable ip so it sets a new ip for me) and changing DNS from google DNS to cloudflare. I've also tried not using a DNS but that didnt work either. My connection is always stable 100mbps and i dont have any issues in other european servers or american FA servers.. I could provide more info, just tell me what you need 😄 Thanks!

• Sad 1

• Leader

I suggest that you download this Network-path program.  You can put NQ1-clan-fa.com into the 'target' window.

When we make reports to DareDevil, he always wonts us to just run it for 100 packets.

I suggest that you run it when your ping is normal so that you can get a sample of your 'good connections'. 

You can save the chart as a text file or as an HTML file.  If you save it as a *.txt file, you can easily remove your computer's IP from the results.

When you start having an episode of 'bad connections', run the WinMTR program again and save those results, too.

Comparing the results of the 'good' and the 'bad' might help diagnose your problem.  That has helped many other players and admins in the past. 😄

You can post the two different results in this topic, and the ET-Network "experts" will try to help.  (Opinions may vary.) 

• Like 2
  • 100 2

Sorry for late reply, I haven't had the lag spikes too much in the last 2 days but as soon as i think they were gone they hit back 😄

While recording the "normal" one my ping was stable 46 in game

While recording the "lag spike" it was between 160 and 250 (mostly stable at 180)

lag spike.TXT

normal.TXT

Edited by RendeL
hided ips
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mextor said:

Sorry for late reply, I haven't had the lag spikes too much in the last 2 days but as soon as i think they were gone they hit back 😄

While recording the "lag spike" it was between 160 and 250 (mostly stable at 180)

normal.TXT 2.12 kB · 3 downloads lag spike.TXT 2.12 kB · 3 downloads

need to xxxxxx out first too ips in those txt files please do so asap.

• Like 1

• Leader
18 hours ago, mextor said:

IP address ranges 
    10.0.0.0     - 10.255.255.255, 
172.16.0.0     - 172.31.255.255, 
192.168.0.0   - 192.168.255.255
and 224.0.0.0 - 239.255.255.255 
are reserved IP Addresses for private internet use

Your WinMTR results files show IPs in the IP address ranges of
    10.0.0.0     - 10.255.255.255, and
172.16.0.0     - 172.31.255.255

Could you set your WinMTR to "resolve names"  and then run it again during a normal connection to NQ#1?  I would like to see what those "reserved IPs" in your report actually 'resolve' to, Perhaps they are part of your ISP's network or somehow Internet Nodes in Turkey are using those IPs. :?: 

1568926021_WinMTR-checkResolveNames.jpg.a6326b90bcca99461c10a2bce25e80bd.jpg

Internet Nodes in Turkey are using those IPs.

Edited by RedBaird
typos!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leader

We talked on the server and Mextor says that most of his issues were suddenly 'resolved' and that his ping looks 'normal' recently.

It turns out that Turkey has a "unique" Internet structure within the country.  I meant "unique" to be about the "reserved IPs" showing up in Mextor's winMTR results.

Edited by RedBaird
+ 'meant unique'
  • Haha 1