ET Server Suggestion Own sound for entry

zakrzeW

Hey I just have suggestion for et server. Own sound for entry, I think its impossible to make if you entry, but for all members we can make own sounds /vsay. Just somebody ask a member about music\sound, he choose then he cut for 2-4 seconds, choose text for example  (=F|A=zakrzeW entered to the war !!!) and add for unique vsay and send on pm. For example /vsay 6543463. It would be awesome to entry a server with a favourite sound. 🥰

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Nice idea, but I think it will make a big confusion as everyone will have a different sound. You could possibly add sounds to the levels and it would make sense that, in addition to the header that the player would give, there would be a sound like "say Member join, Admin join, clan friend join, etc. :)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DeKing said:

That's not something avaible for VIP's? 

Indeed, for Platinum VIPs only if I remember correctly. And it depends on which server, doesn't work on all mods.

@zakrzeW

It's a nice idea! But customized sound for each indivudals won't be doable or the best imo.

That being said, having a common entry sound for Applicants and Trials would be a nice thing to increase their chance of being noticed by other admins ^_^

But again, it's going to have mod settings constraints.

Edited by Cross Marian
  • Like 3
  • 100 2

54 minutes ago, Cross Marian said:

Indeed, for Platinum VIPs only if I remember correctly. And it depends on which server, doesn't work on all mods.

@zakrzeW

It's a nice idea! But customized sound for each indivudals won't be doable or the best imo.

That being said, having a common entry sound for Applicants and Trials would be a nice thing to increase their chance of being noticed by other admins ^_^

But again, it's going to have mod settings constraints.

But i mean not for entry, but add vsay just like there are /vsay musicbox2. It would have unique name, for example /vsay zakrzewentry9. It don't need mod or just like that, only adding sound to vsay. When I join to server i would write /vsay zakrzewentry9.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, zakrzeW said:

But i mean not for entry, but add vsay just like there are /vsay musicbox2. It would have unique name, for example /vsay zakrzewentry9. It don't need mod or just like that, only adding sound to vsay. When I join to server i would write /vsay zakrzewentry9.

Its not eazy as you think

• Thanks 1

There shouldn't be any sounds. It's nice, but it makes a lot of a mess - Spam. Such sounds need to be converted into .wav so that they weigh very little. (max. 300kB) It's not a problem, but who will be willing to do it?

Players must download these sounds. If about 300 players play on one server. Let's assume that the sounds will be given to bigger admins and VIPs. A lot of weight will come out. (few MB)

From what I can remember, only the Silent can greet. You can have "! News" on no quarter.

Every now and then players will download sounds. You won't add them all at once. Someone will pay and you have to make an individual sound for him. The server will suffer slightly from the gameplay.

Edited by FILIPE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 2