COD 4 info and configs..

• Administrators

while i was trying to boost my laptop FPS... i founded this link.. seems pretty good and useful..

http://bashandslash.com/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=74

God i got from 10 FPS to 30 try to crank few more to up to at least 50 if possible LOL..

• Like 1

• Administrators
Nice ... thanks hellooo :hi

:D:thanks

Check my FPS.. quality sucks but close rooms i get around 60-80 FPS and outside around 40-60 FPS And my first killing spree :D

shot0001-1.jpg

• Administrators

For those people wondering if their Desktop/Laptop can support game or not:

Follow this link:

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

@KGB thanks for sharing link.

• Administrators

If you ever need to re-install game or upgrade patch or anything you can save u so called "xp/perk/character" by backing up your files from here:

C:Users*username*AppDataLocalVirtualStoreProgramFilesActivisionCall Of Duty 4 -Modern Warfare

• 1 month later...
If you ever need to re-install game or upgrade patch or anything you can save u so called "xp/perk/character" by backing up your files from here:

C:Users*username*AppDataLocalVirtualStoreProgramFilesActivisionCall Of Duty 4 -Modern Warfare

I assume that its not just the 64bit versions of vista and 7 that use that damn virtual store...... I get soooooooo tired of chasing down config files for games and stuff..... I think its time to go back to Archlinux :twisted:

• Administrators

The one i posted was for vista since i use vista. 32 bit and 64 bit vista works same way for saving profiles if I am not wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Its also the same way in windows 7 - 32 and 64 bit versions. I am over the ugly, convoluted folder structure that windows uses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
Thanks for the good config website. Time to tweak my config out and learn the cod secrets ;)

If you make good one and don't mind sharing, feel free to post. I will just copy paste with echo of your name :P

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, I was not even aware that COD4 had configs. When I played css, I used a config but that was only because my fps blew on certain maps (inferno and train mostly) If anyone has a config for XP (32 bit) and would like to post it / show me how to put it in that'd be great. thank ya

• 1 month later...

Well.... I decided to try playing COD4 on my laptop... here's the deal...

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501:

1.80 gigahertz AMD Mobile Sempron

2 GB DDR2

ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 (integrated POS GPU - Basically an ATI X300)

I got the pre-release demo to run, and after a few tweaks, run smoothly (at least on the map that came with it)

I will install my full copy when I get home and see if I can get it to run even better. If I can get it working well enough, I will post my config here.

Update 1: 10-15fps average outdoors and 25-30 fps indoors @ 848x480 resolution...... still tweaking, but this may be about as good as I can get on the road with this old laptop.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I took Paradox's config and made some small changes to. I got a really nice increase in my fps. I went from about 150-200 to 200-250. It turns off lots of the distracting and unnecessary things in the game (depth of field, dynamic lights, shadows) and makes the game a lot cleaner which can also make it easier to spot enemies. You'll need to change a few things like your binds, name, resolution, and maybe brightness. Anyways, I hope people will check it out and tell me what they think.

Just some installation help for anybody who needs it. Your config files should be located about here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\Tomato

Always back up your current config_mp.cfg before replacing it with another.

EDIT: Forgot dl link :P

http://www.mediafire.com/?tym0jjmt0il

Edited by Tomato