Black screen of death

Papito

I saw on others forums the BSoD caused by a windows 7 update and a solution, that happen to me on one laptop with win7, press Ctrl+alt+del and open the task manager..., the case here is, when the black screen appear and i do the ctrl+..., nothing happen, some advice could be great or helpfull.

BSoD is generally BLUE screen of death.. o.0 My dad updated tonight and had errors in form of not being able to get past 'windows is starting'.. All I did for him was run from last good configuration..

Switch on machine > keep pressing F8 (i think?) > you either have 'start windows normally' or start from last known configuration or some crap.. Seemed to sort it for him..

1. Restart your PC
  2. Logon and wait for the black screen to appear
  3. Make sure your PC should be able to connect to the internet (black screen does not appear to affect this)
  4. Press the CTRL, ALT and DEL keys simultaneously immediately when the Black Screen appears.
  5. When prompted, Click Start Task Manager
  6. In Task Manager Click on the Application Tab
  7. Next Click New Task
  8. Now enter the command: â€C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe†“http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=BLACKSCREENFIX†Note this command assumes that you are using internet explorer as your browser, if not substitute your browser path and file details for those of iexplore.exe or use the Browser option of Task manager to locate it.

9. Click OK and your browser should start up and begin the download process
  10. When prompted for the download Click run, the black screen fix program will download and run to automatically fix the issue.
  11. Now restart your PC and the black screen problem will hopefully be gone.

Actually, i knew that option, but as i said before, when the black screen appear i press ctrl+alt... several times and nothing happen, no task manager, no login screen, just the same black screen. What could be?

There is a process or program that isn't starting within Windows that should be.

Use the F8 trick if you can to get the options for booting into Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command prompt and others. Depending on your laptop model, you may need to at boot, press F2, F10, or F12 to access the boot menu in order to be able to do this accurately.

If the computer boots normally in Safe Mode (or Safe Mode with Networking) you'll know that one of the default operations of Windows is broken. If you can get into Safe Mode with Networking, you'll then be able to browse the internet for a specific solution for your computer. Without more information from you, there's not much we can suggest.

You can, while in Safe Mode, uninstall/remove any of the previous updates, or use MSConfig to boot your computer in Diagnostic or Selective Startup and perhaps have a chance of running Windows Update again to see if they've re-released the patch.

Another thing to try is to just let the computer sit and think for a few minutes after turning it on; this is especially useful if you have to enter a password to access Windows.

Also, I would suggest using Ctrl + Shift + Esc, as that directly brings up the Task Manager in the latest versions of Windows INSTEAD of trying to get you to the Ease of Access Login screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Try the Windows Key and L, if the window pops up do ctrl alt delete

If that doesn't work, i have a OS disc that isn't window that should let you run a diagnostics

I tried everything. I just like if my keyboard doesn't work. I'd rather send gt with a professional. Thanks Harry anyways and the rest too.

are you sure your keyboard is working, sometimes a black screen can lead to something that is plugged into a computer is corrupt or not working properly.

Do you have a repair Disc?

Is this how it happens